corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Changing rear window

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing rear window
Mistamist

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How hard is it? what ya gotta do? i got two boot lids with glass and wanna swap the glass over as one has a few cracks.
thunda

23rd Feb 04 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also need to know this?
-Aliba-

23rd Feb 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need some sharp tool to cut through the silicone around the glass. This is by no means an easy job. Obviouslly remove the rubber, the start hacking away at it. Remember and start with the one that is cracked and so on, that way if it smashes, you havent lost anythn, and should hopefully learn from it.

When the window is out, you need to get rid of all the shit thats left on the boot lid itself, the coat it in silicone, and press it on, and try to sit the boot in a way, such that you can place some weight on the window, to help the silicone set right.

Peace of piss once you've done it once
Mistamist

23rd Feb 04 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like what we did for your rear window thunda, easy peasy. just need some of that bonding shit.

New Poll