corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tint probs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tint probs
corsa-sxi

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had my tints done, but after a wheil there a very small speckles appearing, is this normal..
Noonster

2nd Sep 03 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took my advice to post the question then
R Lee

2nd Sep 03 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
i had my tints done, but after a wheil there a very small speckles appearing, is this normal..

yeah... if its the tinting film then yes. its really hard to get the film to go on perfectly without too many blemishes. the speckles will just be small airbubbles. does it look really buggered?
Noonster

2nd Sep 03 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does this happen to everyone, if so..... How can you stop if happening or solve the problem??
R Lee

2nd Sep 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Noonster19
Does this happen to everyone, if so..... How can you stop if happening or solve the problem??

i tried doing myself on my first car, wasted shit loads of tinting film . so obviously the next car i had it done professionally. dont even attempt the rear window yourself because of the curvetour (spelling?) of the window. even a pro will find it really hard to keep all the blemishes away.
Noonster

2nd Sep 03 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa-sxi...... had his done by a pro from glasstint uk in Hull, East Yorks..... so should this of happened, the reason Im so interested is thats where I was gonna get mine done. £200 for the lot
R Lee

2nd Sep 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Noonster19
corsa-sxi...... had his done by a pro from glasstint uk in Hull, East Yorks..... so should this of happened, the reason Im so interested is thats where I was gonna get mine done. £200 for the lot

if you want it absolutely "percfecto" get all your windows replaced , but seriously it'll look like that, its not that bad, but you know when you find one blemish, your heart feels like shit and you walk around looking for more and more. its expected to get some small bubbles
RichSxi

2nd Sep 03 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you remove the tint?... i bought my car brand new with the dark glass on it - and the guy who tinted the rear window tinted over the "REG VARDY" sticker - and i want to take this off......... i know i would have to have it re-tinted then - but i just want the "REG VARDY" sign taking off!
corsa-sxi

2nd Sep 03 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm...its only noticable up close...cant see it far away..well i seen lots they do..all have speckles..the do loads of class cars like..porschers..bmw and lots of chryslers and lexus
diddon

2nd Sep 03 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it happens to all film but you cannot really see them
R Lee

2nd Sep 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichSxi
can you remove the tint?... i bought my car brand new with the dark glass on it - and the guy who tinted the rear window tinted over the "REG VARDY" sticker - and i want to take this off......... i know i would have to have it re-tinted then - but i just want the "REG VARDY" sign taking off!

the guy who tinted the window must've been a tit! its possible to take it off but be patient and try not to ripp the heating elements off the window if its the rear.
Ben
Banned

2nd Sep 03 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aint read it all but after they do em professionally they usually call u back 2wk after and just go round edges ect , well they do here anyways. have a go at em
Noonster

3rd Sep 03 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
aint read it all but after they do em professionally they usually call u back 2wk after and just go round edges ect , well they do here anyways. have a go at em

Good info mate..... I will remember that for when I get mine done, where did you get yours done??
Ben
Banned

3rd Sep 03 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firm in halifax does em well ,£250 !tho
TOMAS

4th Sep 03 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its either air bubbles or bacteria breeding? Was the glass cleaned PROPERLY before the tinting film was applied as that is VITAL!
Noonster

4th Sep 03 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Its either air bubbles or bacteria breeding? Was the glass cleaned PROPERLY before the tinting film was applied as that is VITAL!

Good info - will remind them off that when I get mine done...... Cheers

New Poll