corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mail Order Law

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mail Order Law
blebo

User status: Offline
5th Feb 04 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered a TFT Monitor from the net and when it was delivered it was defective. I have contacted the company and they have advised that I need to get it fixed under warranty.

I dont think that this is legal as they failed to supply a satisfactory working item to start with and in effect I have paid £250 for a faulty item

Does anybody know where I stand legally

[Edited on 05-02-2004 by blebo]
BeArDy

5th Feb 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they stated that it needed fixing then yes u have got a Faulty item, your havent got a case as they stated it was broke....
blebo

5th Feb 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
if they stated that it needed fixing then yes u have got a Faulty item, your havent got a case as they stated it was broke....

Was bought from Ebuyer BRAND NEW and should be 100% fine
Gavin
Premium Member

5th Feb 04 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe there a mail order law thing... i'll try and find it!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Sims

5th Feb 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebuyer are dodge mate. pain in the ass aswell when it comes to returns i'm affraid
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Feb 04 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then get it fixed under warranty?

I remember hearing something about a 'dead pixel limit' where if a certain amount of pixels are dead they wont take it back, and only if its over a certain limit they will take it. its geh.

With ebuyer i now sign all my packages as 'unchecked' just in case ebuyer try a fast one, I believe they say about it in the delivery emai;
Gavin
Premium Member

5th Feb 04 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u should have a return to base 14 days warrenty i think!!!

but dont know whether they will exchange for a new one or so...

i brought sumthing online (only a psu) and it was faulty and the company i brought it sed that they would exchange it...

pew pew pew pewwwww
vibrio
Banned

5th Feb 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blebo
I ordered a TFT Monitor from the net and when it was delivered it was defective. I have contacted the company and they have advised that I need to get it fixed under warranty.

I dont think that this is legal as they failed to supply a satisfactory working item to start with and in effect I have paid £250 for a faulty item

Does anybody know where I stand legally

[Edited on 05-02-2004 by blebo]

by law they have to supply a working item. if the goods are faulty when you recive them then they are liable for the postage to return them
carnoisseurcraig

5th Feb 04 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are any decent company they will take it back.
DanielJ

5th Feb 04 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im still waiting about 2 months from wen i returned my faulty monitor
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 04 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have a very hard job proving that it was dead on arrival, especially as they'll have probably have a signed delivery note stating everything was in order when the goods were accepted.

Sale of Goods Act doesn't require a retailer to provide a warrenty although in the event that one was offered it must be adhered to. If this is with the manufacturer and this was clear to you at the time of entering the contract to buy then this is all you have.

The retailer has legally offered to rectify the situation on the terms which you accepted. My advice would be to persue a manufacturers warrenty claim - these can usually be fixed by a local service centre - and see where you go from there.
vibrio
Banned

5th Feb 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

however your within your rights to return the goods and get a refund under the distance selling laws which gives you a cooling off period. you just have to pay the postage
Mikorsa16v

5th Feb 04 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sims
ebuyer are dodge mate. pain in the ass aswell when it comes to returns i'm affraid

ebuyer are usually v good
Richie

5th Feb 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had quite a few returns to ebuyer and have never had a problem, just file a RMA within 30 days of the product being defective and they will usually offer a direct replacement under warranty :s
Corsa Sport Gav

5th Feb 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sims

ive had no probs, sent a hhd back n new one came within 3days

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mail Order Law 24 database queries in 0.0159969 seconds