corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » front window tints

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author front window tints
Greg_M

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 04 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why wasnt this outlined in the aresent article in redline then when the interviewed chief constable whatever his name is then, he didnt know about it then did he?
Greg_M

2nd Feb 04 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and it still details below 30% or whatever it is. surley this means that windows that are standard can be tinted to the levels outlined as stated in the statement above?
MattyB

3rd Feb 04 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No - please re read it. It says all windows, even tint under 30% must be removed within 10 days.

Matt
Greg_M

3rd Feb 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"There is however, a recognised difference between “light window tints” which may be considered safe for road use (such as those supplied to you by Pentagon) and “excessively dark window tints” which are not"

"Where such a vehicle is stopped and the window tints applied are such that the Visible Light Transmission level, when measured using an approved device falls to below prescribed levels, the following enforcement guidelines have been agreed with, and recommended, by the Government.

Above 30% Visible Light Transmission (Less Severe Window Tints"

it those bits that are a bit ambiguous, dont have mine tinted, but im sure that there will be many people that are pissed off buy this, inc the bloke from max power of whatever, he has mirror tints all round on his scoob
MattyB

3rd Feb 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't trust a window tinting company to tell yo uthe whole truth bout the tinting laws....as their reputation/business/future relies on people coming in and still gettin their windows done.

The official information is the only stuff u need to bother urself with really.

After reading all this, past experience with mate's cars and my own opinion on the matter, i say stick to a <30% tint all round and u wont get no bother. Anything darker looks silly anyway.

Matt

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll