corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » JBL Components!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author JBL Components!
MikeLamb

User status: Offline
6th Jan 04 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+1167+RCsid+da479e509da480f4dcb135bfe752287f

does any1 kno if these r ne good? also, where is the bast place to mount them in my corsa b? and will they just run off the headunit like a normal pair of speakers??

Ta,

Mike
T5POL

6th Jan 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your link doesnt seem to work.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_61_108+products_id+1167

anyway, yeah they are good for the money! They sound decent off of the headunit if you had no plans of amping them. TBH any speaker will sound better than oe.

I would recommend these though:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_61_108+products_id+1205

in the same price range and are better quality IMO.

[Edited on 06-01-2004 by T5POL]
corsa-sxi

6th Jan 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was wondering do the speaker wires from amp run to the x-over, not to the speakers it self, so if the xovers are in boot, it wud be easier to wire them
Dom

7th Jan 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
i was wondering do the speaker wires from amp run to the x-over, not to the speakers it self, so if the xovers are in boot, it wud be easier to wire them

yep, amp goes to the crossover, the you will have a number of outs (2 in most cases, but can be 3 if you have more expensive crossovers). But no, its better to have to crossover in the door, that way your only running one cable down to each door instead of 2 or 3 etc
tomcorsa

7th Jan 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got me n well pleased
MikeLamb

7th Jan 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tnx guys... im guessin the crossover is the centre pic? and u have the wire frm the headunit go to this then one wire from the headunit goin 2 the tweeter and one to the big speaker?
also, does the crossover need to be cit into the doorcard, or is there a better place to put it?
Dom

7th Jan 04 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, front channel, lets say left, goes to the left crossover (the block in the middle of the photo). Then from the crossover, take the woofer out to the woofer, then the tweeter out to the tweeter. Never wire up a tweeter to a standard speaker connection, coz it will go bang very quickly
And the usualy place to put the crossover in the door, is where the foam is, which is where the little arm rest bit that sticks out. If you take the door card off, you will see it Also you could screw the crossover to the outside of the doorcard if you wish to have it on show, but obviously your wiring need to be top notch etc
MikeLamb

7th Jan 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked, cheers. I like the idea of having the crossover hidden away, so if i cn put it where the foam is, ill give that a go! Ta muchly!

New Poll