corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » installing A/V equipment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author installing A/V equipment
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jan 04 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i already have a centurion screen infront of my car,

and am now purchasing 2 h/rest tvs,

what do i need 2 connect them all to play the same thing??

is it possible 2 have them all connected 2 same thing, or 1 connected 2 diffrent source + 2 connected 2 another?? etc

Cheers

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Richie

5th Jan 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont be able to do the alternate 1 screen on one source and 2 on another source without a decent av master.

You could have 2 sources and a source switcher which would then be connected to a video distribution amplifier, all no more than £30-£40
Dan
Premium Member

6th Jan 04 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u name all the parts needed 2 wire in 3 tvs with a way of switching a soure, and playing through the h/u please, cheers mate

Dan
Premium Member

6th Jan 04 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would this piece of equipment alow selecting a source and play it on all 3 screens??

here

Richie

6th Jan 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have lost me now, i think lol.

You want a multi AV switching tool, such as this:

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&category%5Fname=Audio+Video+%2D+Audio%2DVideo+Equipment+and+Accessories+%2D+Audio%2DVideo+Selector+Switches&product%5Fid=251699

That has 3 inputs and one output.

You connect the L&R audio output of that to the aux in on your headunit.

You connect the video out of that to the input of the veba 1:7 distribution amplifier:

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=cpc+catalogue&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=251643

Then you connect your screens to the outputs of that video amplifier.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Jan 04 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does that clarion item do then??

Dom

6th Jan 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea that clarion does what ya want, although i think it only has one input? best place to start mate is your HU manufactor. If you have a pioneer or sumthing, they do switch over boxes that connect the HU directly and you control majority off ya HU
Btw, you can get a simple source selector, ie takes three inputs and has one output, then you simply connect a compostite amplifier which feeds to all of your screens. However, all of the screens will get a single source (depending on what you have chosen on the selector box etc). Look at austins post

However, you wish for each screen to act on their own, ie: screens front and back left could have the playstation, while back right screen has the DVD player etc etc. It can be done, but im not 100% sure how, i believe its called "multi-zone" - This may do the trick

Best bet mate is to have a butchers on google or mobile A/V sites etc

New Poll