corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How2start Own body shop???!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How2start Own body shop???!!!!
Davido

User status: Offline
13th Jan 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lately i been thinking loads of possible ways of starting up own company doing kits, susp, etc etc

how do you go about starting up ne1 ne idea ??

maybe if i take my ideas to a bank manager see if he'll lend me the $$

ne other crazy ppl fancy joining me u2u me
DanielJ

13th Jan 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need loads of money
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no this is i dont reckon u do not to start with id be willing to start just working on my days of keeping my current job....
Nismo

13th Jan 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah need a body shop to star one
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but u can get buildins cheap enuf dont need somit special ....just somewhere secure to have cars n out of the cold
Nismo

13th Jan 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

, what about a spray booth, dust free paint room , etc...
DanielJ

13th Jan 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tidy paint guns, materials, tools, its not as easy as you think
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know but im the kinda person who takes risks i start my new job in april im gona start saving can start small with compressors and work up with all the large equipment, im only 20 hoping to tackle me own kit then take it from there definetly somit im gona seriously consider
M4rk P

13th Jan 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dust free heated oven spray booth, big ass compresser with air lines, oil tank for heated oven. paint mixing machine, paint, seperate room for bodywork, some where to wash the cars, tools etc.
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright mate jesus piss on me chips why dont u

[Edited on 13-01-2004 by daveyboyuk]
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every1 has to start somewhere u dont have to all that equipment straight away if ur work is good n u can get customers then ur gona start doing well then more money start buying better equipment........it snowballs from there
Scrivs Bit

13th Jan 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r u a qulified panel beater/painter?
M4rk P

13th Jan 04 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate, didnt maen to offend you, just started work at a bodyshop and was listing things that were there. but i spose if your starting from scratch not doing any major stuff then you wont need half that stuff
M4rk P

13th Jan 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill come in with you as ill be a qualified panel beater and sprayer in a year
Scrivs Bit

13th Jan 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the more profesinal the workshop the better qulity of job will come out and just being a qulified panel beater or painter isnt enough experience of say 6 years and ur still lerning . . . . .
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt matter bout exp if ur determined and r naturally good at this the 1st quality i def posses and the second well the 1st will make sure i get good at kits
Natz

13th Jan 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the banks wont give you jack without a proper business plan

you need to list all your costs, incommings, outgoings, equipment needed and how much, rent/mortage, wages, recruitment costs, advertising costs, marketing costs, accounts costs if you get an accountant in, vechile costs will you lease? buy? what vechile? how much? insurance? tax? mot? expenses - what if you need repairs/new equipment? will you put money asside?

Then theres you business type. will you be on your own? will you have partners? legal fees?

Then theres market research. how many competitors do you have locally and who? What are there prices? what is the market like? will you be able to reach them?

Theres a million things that you have to get right before the bank will even look at you.
Starting a business is not a easy thing, so make sure you really do yoiur homework before you go to the bank.
Colour-Tec Coachworks

13th Jan 04 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Natz
the banks wont give you jack without a proper business plan

you need to list all your costs, incommings, outgoings, equipment needed and how much, rent/mortage, wages, recruitment costs, advertising costs, marketing costs, accounts costs if you get an accountant in, vechile costs will you lease? buy? what vechile? how much? insurance? tax? mot? expenses - what if you need repairs/new equipment? will you put money asside?

Then theres you business type. will you be on your own? will you have partners? legal fees?

Then theres market research. how many competitors do you have locally and who? What are there prices? what is the market like? will you be able to reach them?

Theres a million things that you have to get right before the bank will even look at you.
Starting a business is not a easy thing, so make sure you really do yoiur homework before you go to the bank.

Cant fault a thing you've said there. I started a bodyshop and have been running for 2 years and finally everything is on order, its been hard and sometimes not worth the hassle, but finally its paid off, ive done everything in the above statement and the bank gave me half of my 50k budget plan, so thats my new place opeing with sate of the art facilities. If you want to attract the right type of customers ie people interested in quality rather than just banging on kits etc, then you really need the right setup. My new place is totally devoted to paint work and almost every penny of the new investment has went into building sate of the art painting facilities, that doesnt include any of the other equipment we have i.e Snap on tools, devilbiss spray guns, body repair equipment like, car benches, jig tools, a jig, a car loader, pulling towers etc etc... big step but if its what you really want to do, then im sure you'll make if your dedicated to your dream.
Scrivs Bit

13th Jan 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well scriv has been fitting bodykits now for years and u have to learn the certain tricks of the trade and using his corsa as example he did it all him self and he had enough kits on that and all off his mates cars u cant just expect to be good at it straight away
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate inspiring words n like u said if its somit u want badly enuf then nothing should stop you, at the end of the day we r only here once so you got to go for things if they dont work out then least u say u tried
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that was a plan to use my n mates cars as demos so at least that way im not charging myself to do the work n its a good way of showing off your own work......

im from bury north manchster n as far as im aware there isnt that many good body shops around that are well known for doing kits.....n rare things

[Edited on 13-01-2004 by daveyboyuk]
Scrivs Bit

13th Jan 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the kits u fit might look good at the time but when they have been on the road for some time most peoples cars just crack every where ands the primer sinks so it looks shit things like rivets under filler they look ok until the car is in the warm sun light and they heat up and show up through the filler
Davido

13th Jan 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was looking at scrivs corsa with revenges on b4 wide kit went on thats impressive

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How2start Own body shop???!!!! 22 database queries in 0.0166080 seconds