corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel Cap Re-location Help Please!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel Cap Re-location Help Please!
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   24th Nov 03 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know any details about fuel cap relocation or can point me in the right direction for getting any sort of information? I also need information on legal aspects ie) the law side of things and MOT's etc.

ANY help with this would be very much appreciated!

JILL
Greg_M

24th Nov 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the legal side is that the cap has to be secure, and well sealed, i.e. no leakage of petrol, as far as i know there is no MOT points for the fule cap as long as it there.

any modification body shop will be able to help you, there is a place in mansfield but i forget the name.
Jill
Premium Member

24th Nov 03 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Greg! I've already got a bodyshop that are prepared to do this- just wanted to find out more about this tbh. Could u tell me how u know it has to be secure etc, ie:where did u find this out etc?

JILL
Greg_M

24th Nov 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done a few, basicly, the body work round it has to be solid, so the filler cap cant move, just like it is nornally.

the filler cap itself has to be secure and have a seal so no petrol can escape.

if the filler cap is removed hole and moved this should be no problem. ive move them to just inside the door near the catch.
Jill
Premium Member

24th Nov 03 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Greg!

Anyone else got any information at all??

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

25th Nov 03 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT please

JILL
Dom

25th Nov 03 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was looking at putting the filler cap on the drivers side wing and the only thing i could find law wise, is that it has to be sealed and secure
However, any other information that you find, i wouldnt mind knowing although it looks abit of a git for my relocating of it
Jill
Premium Member

25th Nov 03 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
although it looks abit of a git for my relocating of it

In wot respect? I've got a couple of ideas if u need em fella! And of course I'll keep u posted information wise!

JILL
mike16v

25th Nov 03 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive seen it done on a nova, where it was inside the car, as in, when u open the drivers door, it was sideways in the Bpillar if u get me
ChazSXi

25th Nov 03 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there you go

http://www.rjautomotive.co.uk
Dom

25th Nov 03 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
although it looks abit of a git for my relocating of it

In wot respect? I've got a couple of ideas if u need em fella! And of course I'll keep u posted information wise!

JILL

cheers
well it alot easier putting the filler cap towards the back of the car, or near the drivers door etc than it is on a wing since i cant see anywhere i can put the pipe beyond the drivers door Also, it would have to be sheilded some how from the engine (leaks, heat etc). Well i might leave mine where it is , unless someone has a idea how i can run it to the drivers wing
anyways, cheers again

New Poll