corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » barrie goodland aka redtopbreeze do not trust him

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author barrie goodland aka redtopbreeze do not trust him
scousegit

User status: Offline
13th Nov 06 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Originally Posted by C3MKY
Sorry to hear about this mate, i really am, I was surprised to see you had dealt with him in all honesty, i banned him from here while i was a Moderator.

The bad sellers list seriously needs updating imo.

Thanks micky, i have just put a thread up on corsa sport to warn peeps about this could not find a place on there to post it up where all will see it, just in the parts for sale section, looks like he has started again, some peeps asking where there goods are after him prommising to send them he really is a ****. Just hope people off there see this and have nothing to do with him.

Why is this fella not banned of here to protect other users from the same thing happening to them.
scousegit

13th Nov 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check out this link on vauxhallownersnetwork to see what barrie goodland aka redtopbreeze is really like http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91580
James

13th Nov 06 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Nov 06 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thread to do this is in Classifieds and is called 'Problem Users Sales Info'.

I've deleted all your other cross-posts and I'll be deleting this one. If you want to make a formal complaint about the user, email me with whatever proper contact details you have for him.

Also I'm a little confused with the number plate thing. That plate belongs to a guy called Mike?
CorsAsh

14th Nov 06 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing C3MKY is a third party to all this, and thats a copy of a PM he's sent to scousegit elsewhere?
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Nov 06 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavwebmaster, VXON
most other Vauxhall related sites don't give a shite about there members being ripped off because they see it as too much hassle

Can you also correct this guy for me please - anyone who has been here more than five minutes will know that I personally get involved where possible. Unfortunately most of the time people haven't done enough to protect themselves and I have no more power than the next man to either investigate things properly or recover funds.
ed

14th Nov 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian is better than MI5 when it comes to tracking people down!
Liam

14th Nov 06 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Ian is better than MI5 when it comes to tracking people down!

abdus

14th Nov 06 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only premium members and members who have been here for more than a year should be able to trade on the site.

jr

14th Nov 06 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed abdus, alot of forums work like that
abdus

14th Nov 06 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe buying is different, but for selling, it should be the case.

Sell only if you are a premium or here for more than a year
Ojc

14th Nov 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Premium members, yes.
Cupra Steve
Banned

14th Nov 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also agree with that, premium members only.
City

14th Nov 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve

Cupra Steve
Banned

14th Nov 06 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by City
quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve

I know i'm not yet!!!! But will be when i own a corsa!!!

John

14th Nov 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't like that idea.

Because you are prem doesn't mean you are a good person.

There could also be a lot of good non prems who have a lot of good stuff to sell.
abdus

14th Nov 06 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I don't like that idea.

Because you are prem doesn't mean you are a good person.

There could also be a lot of good non prems who have a lot of good stuff to sell.

that's why I added the 'members which have been here for a year or more'
All Torque

14th Nov 06 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On ClubPolo they have a trade rating system, Like feedback on eBay and a number under your name

I've only dealt with people who I met in real life and Premium members
Matty_Moo_

14th Nov 06 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone could pay to be a premium member and still rip ppl off. someone could join up, not post for a year then sell stuff.. nar, dont think that will work either

One way isto do what mig does where u must have posted a certain amount of times. at least that way ppl will be in communication wit each other and you should be able to see what sort of a person they are.

to be honest though.. you can never really trust anyone you have never met or only spoke to over the net.

[Edited on 14-11-2006 by Matty_Moo_]
mav

14th Nov 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should always get all the contact details, home phone number address full name etc..

But the nature of the net therre is always going to be the ppl out there that are in it for a quick buck..

abdus

14th Nov 06 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problems here jave always been with non-premium members.

so, i have something to sell today, i register here today, then wait 1 year and then sell the stuff? :boogle:

Being prem or more than 1 year give reassurance

btw, when i said 1 year, i should have specified active members

last week, i dealth with a member off here who has been registered for a month or 2, no problems at all. genuine

As long as you get all the details: Name, address, phone number (landline), mobile number...etc...
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Nov 06 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting barriers in the way doesn't get around the problem, in fact it might make people even more trusting than they currently are if a member is somehow verified by their time here, number of posts talking sense or member status. Plus this would reduce the number of items for sale which ultimately is bad for buyers. Don't want to do this if I can avoid it.

I don't want people to be able to earn that in any other way than a good trade on the day using safe methods with proper contact details. The number of emails I get asking me if I have phone numbers for people is shocking. Does anyone know where this guy lives, I've just paid 200 quid in to his Paypal account.

I mean come on - look after yourselves ffs.

I do want feedback, I do want to do as much as possible to help, but this is after the first line and most important people - buyer and seller - are comfortable with each other. The alterations to the site as I want them are also a lot of programming, which is time.

Might also be worth mentioning that no sale is worth wondering about, if you are unsure don't trade. Its said this in the policy for a while now and I practice it myself. I had to watch a number of items for 6 weeks before I eventually found one locally, arranged to drive to the guys house with the cash and leave with the goods. No postage, no money transfer, far less potential to be ripped off.

If there wasn't one local I still wouldn't have the goods I want - but I would also certainly not be out of pocket.
ed

15th Nov 06 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really understand how a transaction like this happens? So you give them something, and they don't give you any money... Wierd.
RobHayes

16th Nov 06 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

contrary to the thread title, im guessing i was one of the 2 people about to get 'ripped off'

the exhaust i bought arrived today, and barrie refunded the £15 postage as a gesture of goodwill due to it taking over 2 weeks for the next day delivery i paid for (had problems his end with couriers not turning up or something)

IMO a good bloke, definately not the con-man he's being made out to be
ELG4N

16th Nov 06 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was about to buy the full irmscher kit off his corsa till he couldnt get the skirts off. kept good communication throughout and seemed honest enough. must be underlying circumstances?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » barrie goodland aka redtopbreeze do not trust him 22 database queries in 0.1942060 seconds