corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speaker Setup

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speaker Setup
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 03 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive currently got a pair of 100w rms 6x9s in the parcel shelf and a pair or front speakers of about 40w rms. Whats the best way of setting this up? Should i get a 2 channel amp of around 100w rms and wire each channel to one of my 6x9s and leave the two front speakers running off my Pioneer DEH-P6000r Head Unit (4x45w) or is there some other better way of doin it? Also, if i did it this way it have 2 free channels from the head unit so would it be a good idea to wire the 2 free head unit channels to run the two standard vauxhall rear speakers? Thanx guys
Dom

2nd Nov 03 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah mate, leave the standard vauxhall rears....there shockingly shite
As for the amp, you could get a 100wRMS amp and turn the gains right down for the front, but the other 2 channels for ya 6x9's, leave them up
Although it would be best to get a 2channel amp for ya 6x9's, then get another for your front speakers (if there worth amping, good make/SQ etc)

Dom
Mike2k111

2nd Nov 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean a 4-channel amp 100w rms amp and run the 6x9s and front speakers, one off each channel? Would that be the best option then yeh
Dom

2nd Nov 03 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, possibly....although you might damage your front speakers...so i would recommend you turn the gains down to the front speakers. However, if your front spekers are the dodgy vauxhall ones then i wouldnt bother amping them, infact, your fronts are only 40wRMS and your HU is prolly giving out 22-30wRMS (not 45w, thats the peak) so there probably wouldnt be a point.
Just get a 2 channel 100wRMS amp for your 6x9's and leave it as that

Dom

New Poll