corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ***-60/40 FK AKX (FKAKX002)Susp Kit.... bumpstops?***

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ***-60/40 FK AKX (FKAKX002)Susp Kit.... bumpstops?***
Geeza10328

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 03 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting one of these kits, and I'm gonna have 16" rims on it wiv 45 profile tyres, wud u recommend getting bumpstops wiv the suspension kit as well? Wud this improve handling and illiminate scrubbage? I don't want the ride to be extremely harsh however I do want the best handling possible. And I wud be ok wiv having harsh ride if it means gud handling.

bumpstops or not????

cheers

Matt

[Edited on 02-11-2003 by Geeza10328]
TOMAS

2nd Nov 03 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you need to run bumpstops with all dampers otherwise its chassis!!
moddedcorsa

2nd Nov 03 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yip ride is good with these kits, not too hard, but front was too low so i put -40 springs on (but as the shocks r shorter and designed for -60, they compress the -40 springs, so its down about 50 at the front)

[Edited on 02-11-2003 by moddedcorsa]
Kris TD

2nd Nov 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all shocks have bumpstops in them anyway, i have longer ones to stop scrubbage but they definately dont do anything for ahndling in the wet, bk end is too solid, gonna put some high springs on the bk so the ride isn't as harsh
Geeza10328

2nd Nov 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah rite, so the new shocks will come with bumpstops then, just not uprated ones. So I cud buy the kit as is, fit it, see wot its like, then buy some other bumpstops if necessary to stop srubbage if there is any. I'm gettin the suspension done before the wheels anyway so I'm gonna be lowered on 14" wheels lol, so I don't think I'm gonna ave to worry about srubbage just yet.

New Poll