corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CD/MP3 Players

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CD/MP3 Players
Darren

User status: Offline
1st Nov 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of getting a pioneer player but just a few things...

If you put the mp3's in folders on your computer, will it still play them ok or do they all have to be in one big folder?

Do you have too finalize the cd to play mp3's or can you just keep adding to it?

Thanx for any help
fear_n0t

1st Nov 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate,

Folders can be read no problem. The thing is it is not wise to have sub folders because then it will be read at the end. example if you have Folder A and folder B, Folder A has a subfolder A1 then it will be read A,B,A1

CD should be finalised if i am not mistaken and its best to burn at 8x!
hope that thats enough.

take care bye
Darren

1st Nov 03 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohh i knew you had to finalize normal cd's but i was hoping mp3s you wouldnt need to. cheers anyway
Dom

1st Nov 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea mate, to behonest dont use to many sub folders. My pioneer can go down to 3 sub folders which isnt too bad but ive yet to work out why the ID3 tags arnt working
Although a little warning - its take about 15 secs to load an MP3 cd, obviously it depends how many folders uve got on the thing. And it take about 2-3 secs to skip a track. This is on a pioneer 77MP....althought its a fucking MINT player

Dom
uprated

1st Nov 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a JVC mp3 player unit and it plays MP3 CDs near off straight away and skips tracks like it was just a normal CD.

my ID3 tags worked first time too ands i only named the tracks in windows, didnt use an ID3 tagger class file.
Icy

2nd Nov 03 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always leave my cds open
like a cd il have all the latest tunes and when i download them il jus add them in later.
iv got kenwood z838w
uprated

2nd Nov 03 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yea, i havent finalized the CD either
Dom

2nd Nov 03 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day though, you shouldnt really be using Mp3's on a SQ system for the fact that its lower quality than CD - even at 320kbit, although alot of people wont be able to tell the defference. But then again, ive got 4 albums on one cd (all at 320)...so its a toss up between sound quality and the amount of CD's you wanna be carrying around
Darren

2nd Nov 03 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK cheers for all your replies.

What do u think about this headunit?

http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=758&taxonomy_id=25-121

[Edited on 02-11-2003 by ipswichcorsa]
fear_n0t

2nd Nov 03 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got one like that only i have the 7450, it is the silver model! anyway as someone said it takes a few second to read mp3 format and to skip from one song to another. As a unit i found it pretty good though and its nice also!

But as you probably know there are new ones out which i am sure would be slightly better!

Bye
Dom

2nd Nov 03 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, if you going for sound quality and arnt too bothered with looks/mp3 function then get the pioneer 77MP. Its the mutz and its got 6.5v preouts....most only have 4v, which is why i brought the thing, give me a nice signal to the back

But yea i was looking at that HU before i got mine and had a play in halfords. Yea its pretty nice..buttons feel abit dodgy, but its a nice HU eitherway.

New Poll