corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Dodgy squeaking noise :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dodgy squeaking noise :(
Al3X

User status: Offline
   31st Oct 03 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got my first car, its a 1994 Corsa 1.4i LS and i JUST had it serviced on wednesday. Anyway, whenever i put my foot on, or take it off of the gas i get a weird squeaky noise coming from the bonnet area, ie outside the car. Its doin my head in, i mean im thinking it cant be that serious because the guy said it was fine. Its not that really really loud noise, but one that you can hear with the window down. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks for the help guys.
Kerry

1st Nov 03 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pop ure bonnet and rev ure car and then u will be able to locate wot it is exactly thats squeaking. that way someone maybe be able to advise u better as there are a million things under the bonnet that are capable of making noises
Al3X

1st Nov 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is it doesnt always do it, it only seems to do it when i have been out for a while... Also i can hear it better at night for some reason. I just dont know how im going to find out what it is.
Kerry

1st Nov 03 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u know anyone with a garage or someone in the know that could take a quick look for u?
corsa_godfather

1st Nov 03 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt it when u accelerate??go out accelerate then take foot of gas and listen.when car bounces listen and is it squeeks itl probs be ure springs
Al3X

1st Nov 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i think it is the suspension, i just went out in it, after about 15 mins of driving it started doing it. Its like when ever the car shakes, braking/putting your foot on or off the gas/going over bumps it just makes this little squeaky noise. What should i do? Spray the springs with WD40?
Al3X

1st Nov 03 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its not the suspension. I think its something rattling under the bonnet, as it only happens when the engine has warmed up.
chris_lee100

1st Nov 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really sounds like springs, try puttin ur windowz down, radio off and over speedbumps listening carefully .......... ?

[Edited on 01-11-2003 by chris_lee100]
CorsAsh

1st Nov 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this problem on mine, tried everything to sort it cos it was doin my head in too. Its not the suspension...

Finally tracked it down to the "o" ring gasket between the exhaust manifold and rest of downpipe. The thing's like a composite material with wire runnin thru it, so when the composite wears off due to your engine moving, the wire rubs against the exhaust tube itself and squeaks.

To fix it, you have to fit a new gasket, and then you'll have a nice, squeak free engine... if you need any more info or easiest way to do it, feel free to u2u me.
Al3X

2nd Nov 03 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have msg'd you mate, thanks for the help guys

New Poll