corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting new seats... HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting new seats... HELP
a7syp

User status: Offline
9th Oct 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna fit my new seats tomoz... but gonna need some help. Got set od Cobra Monco's with subframes. I haven't got a clue so gonna need as much advice as possible on removing old seats and fitting new ones.

Any idea's guys!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
drunkenfool

9th Oct 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy the max power guide to modding, £20 and its got loads of tips in it including seats.
GAVINO BAMBINO

9th Oct 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted some cobra monocos to my corsa bout 6 months ago. All you need to do is remove the plastic next to your seat near the door and you will see some kind of cannister, you will also see what looks like a red key, this needs to be put in the slot on top of the cannister there are instructions written on the top. You then need to get an ET40 or ET45 star spanner and undo the two bolts at the back of the seat, the seat should then just slide out of the slots at the front and hey presto, one seat out, do the same to the other side. To fit your new seats simply screw the subframe to the seat before it goes in then bolt it in as you took it out. Do you have harnesses? if not it gets more complicated. My wording maybe a bit confusing but hope it helps. Gav
a7syp

13th Oct 03 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guy's, im gonna have a go today!! Gav, ive not got harnesses yet, but was planning on getting some in the future!
neiliosxi

13th Oct 03 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u use harnesses wot do they attach to?
a7syp

13th Oct 03 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just the question i was about to ask? Anybody help us out?
Adam-D

13th Oct 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neiliosxi
if u use harnesses wot do they attach to?

they attach to bolt on left and right of seat where ur old seat belt is
and at the back seat seatbelt position

the strut brace is in the way but you get the idea
GAVINO BAMBINO

13th Oct 03 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have harnesses they attach where the standard seatbelts usually do appart from the shoulder straps that attach to where the rear seat belt clips are held in place underneath the rear set, if you pull it up youl see where i mean. in exactly the same position as the pic above that adam put up. Its pretty straight forward. If you have a rear strutt brace like adam then you can just loop the harness round that without having to bolt them down. If i knew how to put pics up id show ye. As for not having harnesses all i did as a temporary measure was take out my rear seat belt clips and bolt them to the side of the subframe, on mine the bolts for this were already there. Hope this helps. Gav
neiliosxi

14th Oct 03 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, would be a bit uncomfortable for ppl sitting in the back like! lol
thakns for the advice.

New Poll