corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Urgent Help Needed - Central Locking Problem!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent Help Needed - Central Locking Problem!!
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
5th Oct 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

My rear-right door central locking has stopped working. Vaux said there was a problem getting the live AND the solenoid doesn't work.

Today, I took a wire from the rear-left door to the wires near the rear-right door (the red and blue - not the earth). I tested that the wires had a live feed by using a light bulb earthing it to the car as I triggered the central locking. I didn't cut the wires at any point- just tapped into them.

Anyway, after pressing and pulling the drivers door pull a few times to watch if the bulb lit up (which it did) I then put the bulb wire into the end of the solenoid connector and earthed it to the car. When we triggered the central locking the fuse blew.

I put a replacement fuse in and my alarm beeped twice. now - whenver i press the drivers door or the alarm arms itself, the doors all shut - but immediately all unlock again!

I can't securely leave my car - what have i done?! How can I fix it!!

Thanks in advance for ANY advice!
Mav 3000

5th Oct 03 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Ive got a bit of advice off of Migweb- I locked the passenger door and now the other doors (those that work!) now work like they did before, however if I unlock the passenger door then none work - they all re-open again. I'm guessing that the passenger solenoid has somehow broke - is this correct?!!

I got the wires temporarily across the car from the rear left door - but when I tapped these into wires to the rear-right door the replacement solenoid I have still didn't work!

I'd be happy to come up if you think that you can help me fix this - are you an auto electrician or an expert or something?

Im at work tomorrow and all week so won't be able to look at this again (trying the passenger door with a spare solenoid i have) until next saturday now.

Any advice greatly appreciated folks! Vaux last time I asked didn't seem overly excited in helping e fix the rear door problem - now ive got another one too!
Mav 3000

9th Oct 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to let you all know, I've got two spare solenoids, but today I noticed that the rear-left door doesn't work now either - the only working door is the drivers one!

Its gonna go Vaux Saturday morning - its gonna be a very expensive morning!!
Sam
Premium Member

10th Oct 03 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try someone like AutoVaux for the solenoids.
Mav 3000

11th Oct 03 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to let you know how it went:

Vauxhall Said I need three solenoids - the passenger door, rear passenger and rear drivers-side - as all were faulty.

I had two spares, but one was faulty - the passenger side one. the drivers side solenoid cannot be put on the passenger side cos there 'handed' and cannot be swapped around.

I ended up ordering 3 solenoids at £51 each. I ordered them cos there under warrenty as they seem tempramental!

I get home to find the boot lock is busted, but luckily locking the car and unlocking it re-syncs the motor and all is fine.

Im waiting for the solenoids and I'll be trying to fit them to my car next weekend to save paying them for what they call a "30 minute job" per door. I stripped all my doors for them.

Also, the rear right door they say the loom I put in may be incompatible - I think its just damaged as they can't 'pulse' the solenoids. They want the car for a day to properly diagnose the problem. they can only however follow Vaux guidelines so can't 'modify' the car in any way - ie they will want to fit a new loom, but this may mean i loose my leccie windows. I will instead be trying to branch the rear-left door wiring over the car to the rear-right door too - so it pulses both rear doors and all will work spendidly.

Hopefully I won't blow the fuse and break all my motors this time - the reason it didn't work last time was prob 'cos i was using a broken solenoid to test it.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

New Poll