corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION
and-m

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 03 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i dont know the area ill stick to the limits...
calidus

2nd Oct 03 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew the area just the camera rotates, it aint near a skewl, its just on the flyover into and outta town at the base of a hill.
As you can all see Im laying bricks over all this lol I got out of one evil:- potential car write off by lovell, and went to another, the GATSO
Darren

2nd Oct 03 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if youve managed to get 12 points in a two year period then u will get banned for a minium of 6 months, unless u do some serious ass licking in court
sxibeast

2nd Oct 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame about the points m8! i got 3 from a mobile last month!! if u escape the ban, just a case of remembering every fixed camera site round ur area, n checking local paper every week for an update on mobile camera sites. other than that, good luck!
Kenni

2nd Oct 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
shame about the points m8! i got 3 from a mobile last month!! if u escape the ban, just a case of remembering every fixed camera site round ur area, n checking local paper every week for an update on mobile camera sites. other than that, good luck!

wouldnt it be easier to remember not to speed?? Then this sh1t wont happen
Ringo Sting

2nd Oct 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your gonna get banned big time pal, and you deserve it. Stupid boy racer
marks_corsa

2nd Oct 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F*CK YOU Ringo Sting. Boy racer's as you call us are the people at the heart of modifying, so don't diss em!!!!!
ffls

2nd Oct 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a ROADANGEL equipment. UK is full of Gatsos, I think this is the best protection you can get
calidus

2nd Oct 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I aint the typical boyracer, I got them 9pts almost 2yrs ago when I was a bit foolish,so I had kinda grown up, just got caught out at a bad time, I do normally stick to limits,u can ask most dudes from round my way
greebo2

2nd Oct 03 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try telling the judge you'll talk your headmistress into letting
him give her a spanking. That should get you off!
Edtrix_GSI16V

2nd Oct 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u seem like a sound lad taking abuse of half the people on here just ignore them,take your ban and maybe it will teach u to slow down m8, i learnt the hard way i crashed my car at 57 mph into an oncoming car and the other driver had his foot removed,basically dont speed :/im paying like 2500 pound for insurance now, and i dont think i suld be allowed on the road

[Edited on 02-10-2003 by Edtrix_GSI16V]

[Edited on 02-10-2003 by Edtrix_GSI16V]
TOMAS

2nd Oct 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if anyone's mentioned this but if you get the 12points you can claim that you need your car for your work (if you have a job which needs the car and you can prove it) then you can claim hardship and the judge shall let you off a ban but still fine your ass.
wytey

2nd Oct 03 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea like chewy says, if u can prove that by losing ur license will cause u hardship, then they'll give ya the points but won't ban ya, but u'll get a hefty fine better to take it on the chin, survive the period, n come back with no points on ur license.

when I had that option.... I quit my job the day before the court hearing, even tho the job required that I have a license, it sucked n was a easy way out just make out that your sorry, you realise it was stoopid, and make it generally easy for them, n they shouldn't be too hard on ya I got 6pts, £60 fine exc court fees, n 6 months ban
greebo2

3rd Oct 03 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a flyover like that near me and just about every car breaks
the speed limit on it. They know it's a good place to bang a camera
and bag some easy game, they make a pile of money off the fines.
I reckon its a scam and your being suckered. Best advice is to emigrate.
greebo2

3rd Oct 03 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean, its not like you woz donig 60 down a narrow residential street
with kids playing on the pavements, is it?
Cybermonkey

3rd Oct 03 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by greebo2
There's a flyover like that near me and just about every car breaks
the speed limit on it. They know it's a good place to bang a camera
and bag some easy game, they make a pile of money off the fines.
I reckon its a scam and your being suckered. Best advice is to emigrate.

Im emmigrating to Australia
FLYING CORSA

3rd Oct 03 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you state to the court that your job etc depends on you having a licence, they normally let you off but if you get caught again they take you to the cleaners
........also the form that they send you in the post to state who was drivibng the car etc by law you have to fill in but you dont have to sign it by law and if you go to court and the form isnt signed then it is thrown out due to none creditable evidence,
calidus

3rd Oct 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okies will give it a try, theres 2 sections, 1 for naming the driver etc, n a 2nd for conditional something or other to pay a fine n take 3 pts, so I may not sign whos driving but fill out the other bit?
matt_jonesuk

3rd Oct 03 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fact is ur innnocent until proven guilty if u sign it ur guilty. If it was a rear facing cam it wont have a picture of u so they cannot prove ur driving the car. Like flying corsa said u have to fill out the form but dont sign it, signing it is admitting that you did it.
luca2020

3rd Oct 03 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent read all this, but was the camera clearly visable, and with a yellow backing on it?

if its obstructed u can claim that the camera is illegal, hense they cant fin/give u points for it
Drew
Banned

4th Oct 03 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent read it all either

but if ya dumb enuff to get yaself 9 points for wotever reason, wouldnt ya just slow down as not to get more?
R Lee

4th Oct 03 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go and get yourself a radar.
i have one but i dont speed often, only a lil bit on the m'way.
however, it doesnt mean that your invincible with one, and you shouldnt abuse it!
i personally was just curious about radars and went out and bought one for fun.
PaulW

4th Oct 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
what is the date on the NIP and what date did you recieve it?? If you recieved it more than 21 days AFTER The date of the offence (its 14 days + a few for postage), you can contest it as by LAW if its not sent to you within that time, then they can't prosecute you!

Just make sure you have the envelope with the postage date on it to contest this in court - its what I did

[Edited on 04-10-2003 by PaulW]
PaulW

4th Oct 03 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look on www.pepipoo.com, choose 'Basic Facts' from the left hand menu and then choose 'The NIP' - this gives some info about written and verbal NIPs.

Basically, there was an amendment to the law in 1994 which allows the cozzers to use standard post to issue an NIP, thus they DO get an extra 2-3 days to allow for postage.
As a general rule, I always allow 21 days (overkill, I know).

this is a letter that someone wrote back after recieving a similar NIP.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inform you that the NIP received through the post this morning did not, as according to Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 arrive within 14 days of the alleged offence, please see an excerpt from the act below..

Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988,

(1) Subject to section 2 of this Act, where a person is prosecuted for an offence to which this section applies, he is not to be convicted unless—
(a) he was warned at the time the offence was committed that the question of prosecuting him for some one or other of the offences to which this section applies would be taken into consideration, or

(b) within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a summons (or, in Scotland, a complaint) for the offence was served on him, or

(c) within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a notice of the intended prosecution specifying the nature of the alleged offence and the time and place where it is alleged to have been committed, was—
(i) in the case of an offence under section 28 or 29 of the [1988 c. 52.] Road Traffic Act 1988 (cycling offences), served on him,
(ii) in the case of any other offence, served on him or on the person, if any, registered as the keeper of the vehicle at the time of the commission of the offence.

Thank you for your time.

XXXXX XXX."

[Edited on 04-10-2003 by PaulW]
carnoisseurcraig

4th Oct 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When did you first get ut points and what were they for. If it was for speeding and it was over 3 years ago then points are only valid for 3 years but stay on a licence for 4.

also get a road angel. Cost 349.99 but woth everypennie. Tells ya where every gasto is and also has the normal radar detection. Saved me a few times.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll