corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Induction Kit/ Filter Probs....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Induction Kit/ Filter Probs....
corsa_will

User status: Offline
20th Sep 03 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey people. I just bought a Pipercross induction kit for me 1.2 Corsa, and although it sounds great, im having a couple of problems....

When i accelerate, weather i do it hard or not, the car sorta dies out almost... Im not sure how to describe it, but it kinda goes all slump n sluggish, and then picks up again after a few seconds.

I think the problem is that the engine is getting too much air..

Has this happend to any of you lot?

If anyone can suggest somthing, id be very great full. Cheers.

Take it Easy -

Will
Juha GSi

20th Sep 03 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its getting too much hot air from engine... get goodcold air feed or two and it should be better?
have you relocated the air temperature sensor from original airbox??
corsa_will

22nd Sep 03 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i rekon its gettin too much hot aiir too. ill try a cold air feed later this week and let u know. I dont understand what u mean about the temp sensor tho sorry mate !
L885 1.28v

22nd Sep 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u reset the ECU
corsa_will

22nd Sep 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L885 1.28v
have u reset the ECU

no mate, whats that?

*please excuse my ignorance*
broster
Premium Member

22nd Sep 03 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disconnetc the battery for about an hour or longer ,connect up again an start engine, lettin it idle for a while, it may splutter abit, but it resets the ecu an allows for the induction kit, u also need cold air feeds an a heat shield to get the best outa it!
corsa_will

24th Sep 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers boss i will try
luca2020

25th Sep 03 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol erm bollox springs to mind, re-setting the ecu for induction kits is probley the biggest myth on this site

theirs a good chance ur sucking in too much hot air, like all induction kits on corsas, try to shield off the induction kit from the engine, and add cold air feed pipes
20valver
Banned

20th Sep 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol erm bollox springs to mind, re-setting the ecu for induction kits is probley the biggest myth on this site,
when tuning you need to reset the ecu then the ecu goes into learn mode and this takes between 50 miles to 150 miles and the same when you change spark plus and air filters, if you corsa is a spi or mpi you still need to reconnect the resonator this is the same as boost bottle on a 2 stroke engine, the resonator helps with the bottom to mid range power,
if you drive your car at 50 mph then the ecu shuts down to this running speed so what is needed is a few boot runs then the ecu resets for your new driving style hit the limiter a few times

[Edited on 20-09-2008 by 20valver]

New Poll