corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My letter to the managment at Billing Aquadome

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My letter to the managment at Billing Aquadome
glasgow_corsa_c

User status: Offline
11th Sep 03 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
thats spot on that leni well done hope we get offered a free stay id love to go again

Yeh spot on.

i had sum hassle when i was at biling in july off a few security guards.

Arrived at around 10.30 on the friday night all the way from glasgow, pulled up..paid at gate house to camp over the weekend. Drove along to find out where my region of the club was..one of the guards stopped me , an sasked "wat the fuck u think ur doin, son?" i was like "erm tryin to find my spot to camp" i then asked him if he knew the location of the club as it was pitch black at night and i had never been before to billing. He then proceeded to reply with stuff like : "u shuda stayed over the border" and called me "boy racer scum".

at that time of night i couldnt be bothered with his pish so we were jsut like "aye watever dobber" then went on our way and asked sumone else who was more than happy to show us.

I think there seems to be a small group at billing who seem to just take a disliking to us because of wat we drive , ages..etc..

If billing doesnt go ahead this year then i will want to know why.

anyway, rant over.. Good luck wi the letter leni.
Kerry

11th Sep 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl that sounds so like the guy on the gate who was abusing us

he started rantin "fuckin clear off scum"
glasgow_corsa_c

11th Sep 03 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
pmsl that sounds so like the guy on the gate who was abusing us

he started rantin "fuckin clear off scum"

i jsut told him to sook me then fucked off.
Kerry

11th Sep 03 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh but he got dog vans on us
Donna Corsa GSi

11th Sep 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll find this has all stemed from the ban on Performance Corsa/Nova etc club. They banned the event due to drivers doing burn outs and donuts on the camping ground. I think someone might of got hurt or something, don't really know the details. But when we went to VPCC, we met up with the Belguim lot and they said they were refused entry because they had their clubs stickers on their cars. They managed to get in seeing as they'd driven all the way from Belguim on the condition they removed all the stickers. You definately shouldn't of been treated like that, esp as there wasn't an event on at the time. And they should of been more constructive when putting the point across that they're putting the safety of their other guests first due to previous events. Unfortunately you've lost out due to stupidness of boy racers.
glasgow_corsa_c

11th Sep 03 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on donna.

Car modifiers and enthusiasts like ourselfs are being labeled with the same tag as the knobs who fly around thinking they are the worlds best driver etc doing handbrake turns , burnouts etc.

I get it up my way jsut now.

letters in the paper bout local "boy racers in souped up cars" I get claled a boy racer and all sorts , jsut because i drive a modifed car. i do not behave like all the others so i shouldnt see why i should be branded the same. we are genuine enthusiasts taht get together beacuse we liek the atmosphere, we're pasisonate bout our cars etc...not a case of "aaw man, lets see who can do the biggest hawnny"

get wat i mean ppl.
Donna Corsa GSi

11th Sep 03 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true, its unfair that the enthusiasts have to suffer because of the stupidity of boy racers but then again you have to look at it from their point of view, its sometimes impossible to tell the difference. And when they have the safety of the general public to consider they have to exclude everyone just to be on the safe side. Its unfair but then I think its something that has always been the same and always will be because you can't stop idiots being idiots.

But that doesn't excuse them for the way they went about putting their reasoning across.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Sep 03 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love you donna will u have sex with me
Kerry

11th Sep 03 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is they could of given us a chance and if we arsed about kicked us off, wotever happened to givin people the benefit of the doubt
glasgow_corsa_c

11th Sep 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so who was it that didnt get in?

i know icy an taht got in..
Paul

11th Sep 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also tell them that you'll be taking your bussiness else where next time thats hte most potent force when dealing with managers telling them there going to loose money due to there staffs narrow minded views upon the type of people that we are portrayed to be you go leni one great letter
Kerry

11th Sep 03 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul they said they didnt care about the money anyway, we got offered a refund for those who had already paid

first group was me and jo in mine, stoney and icy in icy's, helen in hers, craig in his and leni and rob in theirs. 30 mins after that ned arrived on his own in his and had no problems. claire r came but was stayin in a hotel, she was made to leave her car at the gate and was threated to be clamped if she was more than 30 mins.

second group was trotty, bart, painz, cheeky corsa with his gf they were told to go find some lasses and come back.

they were followed by infinity corsa and another of the spark lads (cant remeber his name sorry) they were refused entry.

late on rob h came on his own and wasnt allowed in either.

so we all met in pub and us lasses drove thier cars in at 10 min intervals usin passes we already had and had no problems
Donna Corsa GSi

11th Sep 03 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thing is they could of given us a chance and if we arsed about kicked us off, wotever happened to givin people the benefit of the doubt

Because Billing is quite a big camp site and they probably can't be watching it all the time. And if someone done a donut for example and lost control and run over someones tent while they were sleeping and killed a couple of people then it would be too late. I know you lot wouldn't of done that, but they see your cars and the owners have banned all performance corsa and nova group members so the staff have to maintain the rules. Im sure they wouldn't want that on their coinscience and to loose their jobs for the benefit of the doubt.

I know its completely unfair but its the people that caused the ban that you should be mad at not the people that are trying to keep people safe. But they should of still been polite to you, theres no need for the way they spoke to you and treated you.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Sep 03 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

donna i wish to tickle ur ear with my wet willy
Ian S

11th Sep 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friends witnessed the security guards telling them to fuck off, 2 of them booked into hotel to be safe and the others got in by a similar way to you.

Billing arent great fans of nova/corsa owners since the last national weekend png held there too many people got drunk made fools of themselves and made too much noise so they banned png.
Kerry

11th Sep 03 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it ure mates were in the novas
vibrio
Banned

I feel I should go to billing next year. I suspect they would be shocked and speachless with the abuse that I can give. people like this have no defense when you are polite to them. being calm and nice really throws them. I laugh inthe face of twats like that ( well snigger bihind their backs)
Trotty

Ok, just about to send mine - comments/changes please...

Dear Sir/Madam

I write to you to express my disappointment concerning my recent visit to Billing Aquadrome.

Several friends and I were traveling approximately 160 miles to stay at the site on the evening of Saturday 6th September. A member of our party had spoken to yourselves in advance to check if we had to make any advance bookings – we were informed that this was not necessary, but that all male/female groups were not allowed. This was fine as our group was mixed.

One half of our group arrived at Billing at approximately 5:30PM – myself and 4 others arrived at approximately 60PM. Upon arrival we were told that we were not allowed onto the site as we were a (largely) all male group. I explained to the gentleman on the gate that the other half of our group had already arrived and that we were meeting them – despite this fact, we were still not allowed entry. Another member of our party (who had arrived earlier, and hence was already on site) spoke to the security guard in question to also explain the situation. At this point we were spoken to in a manner which can only be described as offensive and plain rude. Besides being told to “beat it” and being labeled as “scum”, it was also automatically assumed that we were going to be rowdy or make a mess.

After it was made clear in no uncertain terms that we were not going to be allowed entry, we left the site, only to spend the night sleeping in our cars in a lay-by. The remainder of our party who had arrived before us spent the night, and caused no trouble or mess.

To sum up, I can only express my utter disappointment in the way in which my friends and I were treated by your staff.

I await your response with interest
Kerry

11th Sep 03 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes trotty
Ian S

11th Sep 03 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before you send it, throw in that when you rang to book in advance you were told "we have never turned a tent away, so no need to book" as one of my friends did call and was told that.

yes kerry, we stayed in premier lodge though as too much hassle to camp for 1 night
Trotty

11th Sep 03 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Ian, I'll add that in
Kerry

11th Sep 03 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian Storey
before you send it, throw in that when you rang to book in advance you were told "we have never turned a tent away, so no need to book" as one of my friends did call and was told that.

yes kerry, we stayed in premier lodge though as too much hassle to camp for 1 night

yes i saw the novas sneak in
Trotty

11th Sep 03 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just posted
glasgow_corsa_c

11th Sep 03 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not taking any cahnces for next year at billing. Gonna book a travel lodge well in advance of the show.
Rob H

11th Sep 03 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leni
I also regret that our weekend was not made enjoyable as our friends had to sleep in there cars in a lay-by due to not being able to find another camp site.

Yeah right

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My letter to the managment at Billing Aquadome 22 database queries in 0.1017520 seconds