corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » High idle speed on Corsa SRI 8V - help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author High idle speed on Corsa SRI 8V - help!
vroooom_ptssssh

User status: Offline
   5th Sep 03 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, its a 94/95 L reg Corsa SRI 8v, its got a K&N cone filter and a powerflow exhaust, It's started to idle between 1000rpm & 1600rpm....I dunno much about vauxhall engines, but i presume its either a sticky idle speed control valve, or throttle position sensor? (dunno if it will have one or the other). It doesnt go away if u rev it on the spot an let the idle fall... Just wondering if anyone knows what may be causing it, If someone can tell me what the problem could be i could locate it and have a look an try sort it!? im sure it'll be the tps or iscv, but anyone help me in identifying them, its a mates car and im a ford man so dont have a clue on vaux engines
cheeRS in advance for the help.
Dave

[Edited on 05-09-2003 by vroooom_ptssssh]
Dave Hay

5th Sep 03 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aggggh you did the fordy boys cheers lol

sounds like dirty icv and too much heat getting in through filter. clean icv out and add decent cold air feed
lacky75

5th Sep 03 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remoe the K&N filter and put your original airbox in (after u have drilled it, and added panel filter) that sort the prob and if not u may need a new idle control valve, which can turn out to be alot!!!
vroooom_ptssssh

5th Sep 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, cheeRS cheeRS, cheeRS (specially for u Dave)
I'll check the isvc and get her to put the origonal airbox on, she keeps swappin from airbox - K&N - why i dont know! she has drilled the airbox already.
thanks, no sorry cheeRS again
Dave Hay

5th Sep 03 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8vs are generally ok though but tend to pink with induction kit

New Poll