corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fading wheel arches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fading wheel arches
jordi

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 03 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wheel arches on my 1993 Sri Corsa are fading away. I have search for older posts and I can only find one where ajscorsa suggested to use a heat gun, has an1 tried it?
How long does it last the effect? Is there a better method? Sorry for all the questions
MikeH

2nd Sep 03 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean the plastics are going white?

You can rub 'bumper black' into them. Will make them nice again.

Or do what i'm doing and paint them.

[Edited on 02-09-2003 by MikeH]
Gambit

2nd Sep 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

auto glym bumper snot or even black shoe dye (u know the bottle with the sponge applicator at the top)

but make sure its dye & not polish otherwise u cant walk anywhere near the car without getting covered in shite
Greasemonkey

2nd Sep 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use a paint stripper gun, take the arches off and use the paint stripper on them the heat melts the surface and takes them back to black, they will stay like that for a long time too
Gambit

2nd Sep 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post recently on the golf forum discussing fading plastic parts

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29380

New Poll