corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine codes and conversions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine codes and conversions
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
26th Aug 03 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My grandad might be giving me his old car, vauxhall carlton 2.0 16v CD, but i just looked on this site http://www.cryptontechnology.com/actapps/vauxhall.htm and seen that the engine is either the C20NE or the 20SE, but how does this differ from the C20XE which is the engine that most people seem to use, and has loads of parts avaialable?!

Also, a woman at work told me last nite that her car was written off while she was on holiday cos someone with a tow bar reversed into it and she might be scrapping it. Its a newish astra 2.0 16v injected, she said the engine is fine, but the rad and stuff is screwed, so would it be worth getting that as a donor engine or would it be cheaper to get something more complete?

Cheers, Matt
neophyterulez

26th Aug 03 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C20NE is the 2 liter 8V found in vectra,astra mk2, astra mk3, omega, ... with 115 BPH.
C20SEH is the same found in the Astra MK2 only (guess) with 130 BPH
C20XE is the 2liter 16V found in the same as the C20NE with 150 BPH (red top)

I am not sure about the C20XE 's BPH

greetz,

neophyterulez
neophyterulez

26th Aug 03 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have original a C14SE and it is an 8V so the C20SE is also an 8V MPI
my guess almost the same as the C20NE
drunkenfool

26th Aug 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hhmmm... i definately want the 16v not the 8 otherwise theres not that much point in spending all the money on the conversion. Ill see if i can get the engine out of the written off astra! An neophyte rules! (Saw scott brown on saturday night, it was amazing)
miles

26th Aug 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The newish astra's have the ecotec engines, 136bhp I beleive and not as tunable.

New Poll