corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » I am a bit confused about mp3!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I am a bit confused about mp3!!
GT4Brody

User status: Offline
26th Aug 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of new headunits can now play mp3s, basicly i am not all that clued up on this subject and was just wondering how it all works?
Obviously you download an mp3 first, then i think you burn it on to a cdr/rw
then how do you save it on to the mp3 headunit?
Also i use nero to make cds form mp3s, and from what i can understand it changes it from mp3 format when you burn it so it can be played from a normal cd player, is this correct? Basicly i am wondering how you save mp3s to your headunit?
Any info would be appreciated, i know there are loads of you guys that d/l mp3s etc, so can you fill me in
Pablo

26th Aug 03 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It works like a cd stacker on the pioneers!
Paul

26th Aug 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right the head unit takes the data from the cd itself and plays it from there it has a hardware mp3 decoder built into it to do this . To make the cd you make a DATA cd not a MUSIC one you can put on entire folders to i.e albums etc

What head unit is it ?

[Edited on 26-08-2003 by Paul]
Red_SXi

26th Aug 03 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You write the tracks to the disc as MP3 rather than the normal .wav. MP3 tracks are alot smaller than .wav ones, therefore you can get upto 500 tracks on one CD.

You can have several different folders/albums on one CD.
Bart

26th Aug 03 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my girl friend has just bought a Alpine CD.mp3 player.

what it allows you to do is:
for example, if you burnt a data CD which had 5 folders on it, and in each of those folders was a different album then u can choose between which album u listen to, rather than store it all on seperate cd's.

pretty clever i thinks.
Rainesie

26th Aug 03 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Bart says. Burn it as a data cd and not as music. I just got a pioneer h/u that plays mp3 discs, it doesn't store them. I got 167 songs on one cd and that was just a tester.

Only thing is to check all your mp3 files before burning. I've d/l loads that either have beeps or silent sections in them. Listen to them first, especially newer songs. Older songs from 12months an older should be okay.
GT4Brody

26th Aug 03 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers everyone, i understand now!!
I havent actually got an mp3 unit just yet but as my current headunit has seen better days i well be getting one soon

New Poll