corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How have...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How have...
Craig6682

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 03 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...you lot got your stereos set-up? I'm gonna do mine soon but after a few ideas.
CopyWrite

23rd Aug 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

um, i dunno.
Richie

23rd Aug 03 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got wires going into mine.......
shrews corsa

23rd Aug 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a space in the dash so i put mine in there
Craig6682

23rd Aug 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i'm serious. How have yiu got them set-up? Have you got your speakers powered by the amp of the stereo etc????
M4tt

23rd Aug 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i haven't used the HU amp in my system because i can get better sound quality from using external amps.
CopyWrite

24th Aug 03 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much of a boyrac3r.
ppls systems varey according to their budget and personal taste.
but what do u mean by set up?
TOMAS

24th Aug 03 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have an amp in my h.unit!! LOL I use those external amp thingy majiggers with setting of...
Front comps are being fed 4 volts of line-driven current crossed over at 80Hz highpass with a 48dB slope and -3db on the tweets. Component set has a 3dB gain at 125Hz with a Q factor of 2.5, 2dB reduction at 1kH with a Q factor of 1, Time alligned by 0.06ms delay to drivers kickpod and 0.11ms delay over both the subwoofers. Subs run at 80Hz lowpass octave slope of 24dB and a 4dB boost at 35Hz with a Q factor of 4 and subsonic filtered at 20Hz, 180 degree phased. ANY HELP to ya? I would recomend approx 90minutes on an RTA with a Sine sweep and tones to set ones 'stereo' up though.

[Edited on 24-08-2003 by TOMAS]
broster
Premium Member

24th Aug 03 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow tomas thats exactly the same as mine, fancy the chances hu!
TOMAS

24th Aug 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All ICE - PROS think alike then...
cdcool1

24th Aug 03 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
I dont have an amp in my h.unit!! LOL I use those external amp thingy majiggers with setting of...
Front comps are being fed 4 volts of line-driven current crossed over at 80Hz highpass with a 48dB slope and -3db on the tweets. Component set has a 3dB gain at 125Hz with a Q factor of 2.5, 2dB reduction at 1kH with a Q factor of 1, Time alligned by 0.06ms delay to drivers kickpod and 0.11ms delay over both the subwoofers. Subs run at 80Hz lowpass octave slope of 24dB and a 4dB boost at 35Hz with a Q factor of 4 and subsonic filtered at 20Hz, 180 degree phased. ANY HELP to ya? I would recomend approx 90minutes on an RTA with a Sine sweep and tones to set ones 'stereo' up though.

[Edited on 24-08-2003 by TOMAS]

oh, you dont have an amp in your head unit dont you? think you do...pro
broster
Premium Member

24th Aug 03 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some top end head unit dont have inbuilt amps so he is correct an ur rong.
cdcool1

24th Aug 03 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they all have some form of amplification, if you are talking about top end h/u then they must have some form of output, ie RCA, they will have small amplifiers to get the output levels right
broster
Premium Member

24th Aug 03 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, the ones with out internal amps have to have a external amp, they only have rca outputs so u wont get sound unless u have an external amp, dont get picky! lol!
cdcool1

24th Aug 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he said he didnt have an internal amp

he maybe cant run speakers, but dont mean theres no amplification
broster
Premium Member

24th Aug 03 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now ur gettin picky! lol! maybe there is no internal amplification an it works by magic!
cdcool1

24th Aug 03 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt it, trust me
CopyWrite

24th Aug 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the fcuk r u on about CDCOOL?
If he says his head unit doesnt have an internal amp it doesnt have an internal amp..and no U dont need amplification to use a set of RCA's
if u think about the size of an amp in a h/u compared to an external amp..well they must be really shitty! so if u were gonna manufacture a top end h/u knowin the buyer wud opt for external amps and not use internally fixed ones then why waist the space on putting that feature in the h/u in the first place when u can put lots of other gadgets there instead.
cdcool1

24th Aug 03 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CopyWrite
what the fcuk r u on about CDCOOL?
If he says his head unit doesnt have an internal amp it doesnt have an internal amp..and no U dont need amplification to use a set of RCA's
if u think about the size of an amp in a h/u compared to an external amp..well they must be really shitty! so if u were gonna manufacture a top end h/u knowin the buyer wud opt for external amps and not use internally fixed ones then why waist the space on putting that feature in the h/u in the first place when u can put lots of other gadgets there instead.

please go to school and do your homework and dont talk to me like that!!

amps come in all shapes, sizes and uses! the is amplification in ALL head units! the must be a small amplification after the laser has read the information on the magnetic tape, cd or md to provide tohe small signal power which comes from the RCA outputs!

they then need to be amplified again to be used to power speakers.

but without ANY amplification at all, the headunit would not give out any signal from the rca outputs, so now, shut up
CopyWrite

24th Aug 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but he was refuring to amps for powerng speakers, not amps in general.
corb

24th Aug 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cdcool1, dont be a nob.
cdcool1

24th Aug 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look, i was jus messin to start off, and broster understood that too, but since CopyWrite started gettin so uptight about it, i am technically right, so was simply explaining
corb

24th Aug 03 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
5xi

25th Aug 03 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has made my morning

[Edited on 25-08-2003 by 5xi]
TOMAS

25th Aug 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GUYS GUYS, it was all a big pi55 take to begin with. Im being sarcastic thinking im a pro, i will be the first to admit im far from it. Basically as some of you said i kinda do and dont have an internal amp in my h.unit. Its the top Alpine 7998R job (rca only). Now my electrical knowledge is not good enough to say that its still classed as an amp or not but anyhow stop arguing. It is RCA signal only. Anyhow how do you guys set up your stereo's, the main man wants to know... I think running tweets down to 20Hz gives a great realistic sound. The pop you can get from them is great, real punchy but i dont like the smell they give off...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How have... 23 database queries in 0.1950600 seconds