corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra GSI....Corsa GSI(new)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra GSI....Corsa GSI(new)
Ditch

User status: Offline
19th Aug 03 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasnt boasting vauxhalls Torque figures, i was slating Hondas
Cybermonkey

19th Aug 03 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the torque figures would probably be around the 170lb/ft mark AFAIK. Impressive. = piss all over a Civic Type R. I expect if they are having lots of emisions troubles it is most definately the 1.6 Turbo, since the 2.0 Turbo would already be Euro 3 rated and would not have many problems as far as emisions go. so there.
Cybermonkey

19th Aug 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobboSRi
quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I'd piss all over a civic

not according to ButholeSRI who seems to think the CTR will beat everything

Not at all, but it will beat all the ones mentioned so far (excl the Cupra - dead match probly)

Wont beat a Focus RS, in a straight line or around a track.
Robbo

19th Aug 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still cannot believe people are trying to compare a bloody corsa with the widely-recognised best hot hatch of all time!!!!! (WhatCar/Top gear/Auto Express)

How can u slate a Honda Civic's Torque figures

DRIVE ONE!!!!!!! It really wud shut most people up!
Robbo

19th Aug 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I'd piss all over a civic

not according to ButholeSRI who seems to think the CTR will beat everything

Not at all, but it will beat all the ones mentioned so far (excl the Cupra - dead match probly)

Wont beat a Focus RS, in a straight line or around a track.

True true, who mentioned the RS anyway?
Cybermonkey

19th Aug 03 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just did. Its in the same category as a CTR. Why do you continue to talk like the CTR is the best made machine EVER?
Ditch

19th Aug 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I still cannot believe people are trying to compare a bloody corsa with the widely-recognised best hot hatch of all time!!!!! (WhatCar/Top gear/Auto Express)

How can u slate a Honda Civic's Torque figures

DRIVE ONE!!!!!!! It really wud shut most people up!

The Torque figures are not as piss poor as i first thought actually, but still sure the 1600 turbo will have more as standard.

I wouldnt want to drive one as i wouldnt buy one, id muchrather have a Cupra R

Robbo

19th Aug 03 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i just did. Its in the same category as a CTR. Why do you continue to talk like the CTR is the best made machine EVER?

I dont at all!!! A cupra R is faster 2 if we go into it but then your getting into bigger cars... cupra r has 5 doors, a focus is big enough 4 a family whereas the civic is fairly cramped in the back and has no middle seatbelt so is out of the family class (albeit small family)
Cybermonkey

19th Aug 03 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a Cupra R in yellow, gaddamn they are nice! the wheels are HUUUUGE!!
Robbo

19th Aug 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, they r nice but (i'm told) the ride quality and handling do not compare to an RS/CTR/Cooper Works
Robbo

R Cupras turbo'd?
Scott

end of day u would be buying a vauxhall

buy a better car m8ty , hows the wee one doing the now ?
Cybermonkey

19th Aug 03 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who you talkin to?
Tom

19th Aug 03 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra r's are 1.8 20v turbo's iirc
Robbo

19th Aug 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly... Cupra R/Focus RS are both turbo'd, the Civic isn't yet there is barely and bhp diff - that alone shows how good the engine is in a Civic
Scott

19th Aug 03 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
who you talkin to?

im talking to mav , not fukin u
Tom

19th Aug 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it also shows how tuned it is already... how muich more bhp can be gained b4 needing to charge it in some way?! also remeber the cc is larger
MatG

19th Aug 03 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the current astra GSI is a great car but things to think about are:

1. the astra H comes out early 2004, this will be the 5 door first then the 3 door around the end of 2004. The sporter model at launch will be a 2.0 turbo and is rummored to have 175bhp and will be called sport or sri. The astra H gsi is not even got a date so looking around 2005.

2. As has been said due to the new astra the current Gsi will have had a very limited run really so expect prices to drop for new ones from vauxhall soonish and also be prepared for a more sporting version of the Gsi.....maybe to take on the RS!! Or just to help slow sales on the launch of the astra H. Someone i know has seen two test mules with uprated parts on brand new Gsi's so they are coming. Again this will knock the current Gsi's resale value.

3. The astra H 3 door is not the new coupe at all!! There is a good chance that the coupe will disapear for a different model all together rummors at the moment are its going to be called a "manta" but it will be based on the astra H.

The corsa Gsi has still not been given the offical go ahead as yet and again rummors of been going around about emissions and what the finally BHP will be, as they are having a lot of problems. It doesnt help that the corsa C has had a face lift as well.

If it was me and i was dead set on buying a turbo vauxhall and nothing else i would eithewr hang on to see what they do with the current Gsi with regards price and a limited run of "hot" gsi's towards the end of this year. Or even though i dont like them buy a coupe turbo for £10K as they are a lot of car for the money now.

Cybermonkey

19th Aug 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
the current astra GSI is a great car but things to think about are:

1. the astra H comes out early 2004, this will be the 5 door first then the 3 door around the end of 2004. The sporter model at launch will be a 2.0 turbo and is rummored to have 175bhp and will be called sport or sri. The astra H gsi is not even got a date so looking around 2005.

2. As has been said due to the new astra the current Gsi will have had a very limited run really so expect prices to drop for new ones from vauxhall soonish and also be prepared for a more sporting version of the Gsi.....maybe to take on the RS!! Or just to help slow sales on the launch of the astra H. Someone i know has seen two test mules with uprated parts on brand new Gsi's so they are coming. Again this will knock the current Gsi's resale value.

3. The astra H 3 door is not the new coupe at all!! There is a good chance that the coupe will disapear for a different model all together rummors at the moment are its going to be called a "manta" but it will be based on the astra H.

The corsa Gsi has still not been given the offical go ahead as yet and again rummors of been going around about emissions and what the finally BHP will be, as they are having a lot of problems. It doesnt help that the corsa C has had a face lift as well.

If it was me and i was dead set on buying a turbo vauxhall and nothing else i would eithewr hang on to see what they do with the current Gsi with regards price and a limited run of "hot" gsi's towards the end of this year. Or even though i dont like them buy a coupe turbo for £10K as they are a lot of car for the money now.

If the corsa GSi hasnt been given the go ahead yet, then why was a prototype at PVS?
MatG

19th Aug 03 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as you said prototype!!

I am sure it will get the go ahead but for some one looking to buy a car now they certainly aint going to be able to buy one in the next few months.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Aug 03 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it was exactly that - a prototype.
Robbo

19th Aug 03 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Good points there

As I said, according to WhatCar?, there will be no 'coupe'... the 3dr will act as a coupe style replacement
Cybermonkey

19th Aug 03 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
as you said prototype!!

I am sure it will get the go ahead but for some one looking to buy a car now they certainly aint going to be able to buy one in the next few months.

Yeah sure, but i am selling my Sport soon and emmigrating to Australia. I would love to know if its getting released there as a Holden Barina. That would be awesome.
Robbo

19th Aug 03 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ur going to aussie get a skyline!!!
MatG

19th Aug 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont even have the astra Gsi in aus, and have only just got the astra coupe turbo!! so i doubt it mate sorry

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra GSI....Corsa GSI(new) 22 database queries in 0.1046469 seconds