corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wobbly seat.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wobbly seat.
MikeH

User status: Offline
4th Aug 03 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My drivers seat wobbles a little forwards and backwards and makesa kind of squeeking noise.

I haven't had a propper look at it yet, but is it likely to just eb a case of tightening a bolt down?
r8cr

4th Aug 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, i might be able to help!

Mine does this and i discovered that many corsas were called into their nearest vaux garages to sort some drivers seat safety thing and a mechanic friend said that is why it rattles (due to being taken out, put back in etc)

I can't see why you can't just tighten the bolts up, but i'd wait until someone who knows exactly what they're talking about posts first as it may do something it's not supposed to,---- like fall out!
Sam
Premium Member

4th Aug 03 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the recall was to do with the seat belt pre-tensioner.

Reason your seat wobbles is probably because the two nuts at the back of the seat might not be tight.
RichR
Premium Member

5th Aug 03 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or u might have snapped off a seat clip, on the front edge of the seaat- attached to the car body, and hooks over seat edge
MikeH

5th Aug 03 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm if i have that sounds like a nasty welding solution!

Will look tomorrow.
3CorsaMeal

5th Aug 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does that, wobbles back and forth, make me feel like i'm going faster when i floor it and my seat rocks back

New Poll