corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how easy would this b to fix- is it worth it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how easy would this b to fix- is it worth it?
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
30th Jan 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok- im selling the corsa in the next couple of months and am currently trying to sort out a few problems to get a bit more money for it

On the front drivers seat you have the two hooks joined to the chassis that the subframe slots into. When someone hit me from behind a couple of years back one of these hooks was damaged and has almost sheered off. The seat is still stable and has passed an mot with this today, but when you slide the seat backwards and forwards you can notice that it is slightly wobbly.

Does anyone know whether those hooks are sperate pieces that can be ordered from vauxhall/taken from scrappy...Or would you need to buy the whole piece of floorplan.....I have someone who can weld it down for me.

Just wondering if anyone knows- saves me taking the seat out and maybe damaging it further before i sell it- Im thinking its probably best to leave it and hope buyer doesnt notice
Greasemonkey

30th Jan 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not about the buyer not noticing thats bloody dangerous mate, i would never sell some one a car with that problem without telling them, you not saying anything could kill someone
Dr Pepper

30th Jan 04 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough- had it serviced and mot'd by two different mechanics and neither seemed to think it was dangerous.....

The seat is still bolted down- this hook is just not connected on one of its sides.

Probably am going to get it done- hence why im asking peoples opinions on what it would take
Greasemonkey

30th Jan 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well there was a recall on corsas due to the seats bolt lletting go in a smash and them sliding off the rails, vauxhall solved this problem by modding the hooks if the bolts give way the broken hooks wont hold
Dr Pepper

30th Jan 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the advice mate- looks like im getting it done

Do you know whether that hook is an individual piece, or part of the chassis

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how easy would this b to fix- is it worth it? 22 database queries in 0.0097482 seconds