corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tinting and visual problems??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tinting and visual problems??
corsa5dr

User status: Offline
4th Aug 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im booking my car in to get some tints done soon, but was wondering how much you can see from the front side windows if they are tinted, especially at night. Dont want to have any problems not seeing things on the outside. 35% light coming in is the legal limit for tinting i think, i presume that gives enough vision.

Am i right in saying that you can have any darkness on the rear windscreen and rear side windows? Can anythign actually be seen from those windows at all? Gona be doing a lot of motorway driving in september, and itd be nice to be able to see things from the rear window aswell.
cheers.
paul_spurrell

4th Aug 03 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey corsa5dr got any pic's of your car? Do you dirve round bath much? May of seen you
corsa5dr

4th Aug 03 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No pics im afraid, gonna get some soon thiugh
i drive around bath occasionally yes when im in town. I live in Midsomer Norton, just outside Bath though.

My car is a dark green 5 dr, with Carzone rear and front, 17" dare v2's, panique sides, clear rears, twin zorst so give me a flash if u see me
stuyw

4th Aug 03 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apart from the winscreen and front side windows, u can go as dark as u want
Corsakid84

4th Aug 03 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went limo black all round apart from the windscreen, its looks the bollox but abit hard to drive at night time went parking etc
stuyw

4th Aug 03 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u have side windows limo black the police can make u take it out n possibly fine u
carnoisseurcraig

4th Aug 03 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

legal limit for fromt windows is 70% of light getting in. And 80% from the front screen.

At the back u can have as dark as ya like.
MattyB

4th Aug 03 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
Im booking my car in to get some tints done soon, but was wondering how much you can see from the front side windows if they are tinted, especially at night. Dont want to have any problems not seeing things on the outside. 35% light coming in is the legal limit for tinting i think, i presume that gives enough vision.

Am i right in saying that you can have any darkness on the rear windscreen and rear side windows? Can anythign actually be seen from those windows at all? Gona be doing a lot of motorway driving in september, and itd be nice to be able to see things from the rear window aswell.
cheers.

I have 35% tints at the front, and at night its fine. Its almost like they aint there, just maybe a tad dark.

I have 20% round the rear, and at night it can be slightly awkward. Usually its good to be honest, coz i use my side mirrors alot more than my rear view.

However, depending on the amount of night time drivin u do, i'd say go with the 35% all round. Still looks good. However, the 20%s on the back look better .

Rule out Limo, coz from wot i've seen it looks too tacky, and visability is always a problem. My mate had them in his Civic, and had to start usin his dad's car when he went out at night coz it was just tooooo dark.

Matt
corsa5dr

4th Aug 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads, thanks for the help. Think ill take your advice mattyB.

New Poll