corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ball joint wear - due to lowering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ball joint wear - due to lowering
carl bear

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have ordered a set of fk coilovers and want to run the car at max drop (not all the time, but for quite a bit) and have heard that lowering it that much will cause ball joint wear.

but i have also heard that if i alter the camber angle at the front so that it is "normal" again i wont get ball joint wear.

can anyone help me out and tell me if they are true?

cheers
carl bear
TOMAS

4th Aug 03 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think wear is more due to having hard suspension, not really due to camber angle. I think you have to watch the CV joints if you lower it a LOT and then set Camber back to normal. How low is lowest, running it in bumpstops will wear the shock much faster! Ive been lowered 30,000 miles 60mm and lower and my joints are still fine...
carnoisseurcraig

4th Aug 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, lowering it alot will put sooo much stress on ur inner and outer cv's. gotta watch as well. If u go over a bump with it being that low there is the possibility that ur shafts may pop out.

Lowering a car will put extra stress on most of ur suspension parts. Uprate ur bushes and shocks to compensate.

stuyw

4th Aug 03 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also watch out when u have full lock on as u dont want driveshaft popping out too

New Poll