corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Still cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Still cutting out
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
30th Jul 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i got an early GSI C16 XE engine, when driving along at any speed the revs drop to 0 and the car cuts out you have to turn the ignition off and back on then bump it, if you drop the clutch somtimes the revs jump back to normal again, and some times if you turn the ignition off and on real quick it starts again.
Any ideas also happens if you hit a big bump, but also on flat road, could it be an alarm problem? (clifford cat 1)
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any ideas some days it dont do it some days it does it all the time 80mph + possible steering lock coming on = central reservation & death not fun
combat_sri

30th Jul 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this,was my throttle postion switch or summin like that.know someone who has the same thing on their calibra.cost 120 at vaux inc fitting.
Greasemonkey

30th Jul 03 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just fitted a brand new idle air control valve and temp sensor, the throttle position sensor is slightly damaged internally i checked it but i am sure that wouldnt cause it to just cut out. I DUNNO carnt figure this one out do i take it to a garage or auto electrician

New Poll