corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LEGAL SHITE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LEGAL SHITE
corsaon18s

User status: Offline
24th Jul 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just read another thread talkin about exhausts, my question is, whats illegal in the exhaust world? i want a full system but can i get nicked for it cos i really dont need any more interventions with the fuzz, cos i got a few outstanding fins to pay......know what i mean.....
moddedcorsa

24th Jul 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would really like to know this aswell, as the other post made out that any aftermarket exhaust is illegal
Rob H

24th Jul 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any aftermarket exhaust on a car, that hasnt been declared on the insurance is technically illegal. As long as its not really loud, and you still retain you cat, then it'll be fine. When you start getting really loud exhausts the police can pull you and fine you for things like a public nuisance order etc, where they think your upsettign the public because the car's too loud.

Rob
corsa-sxi

24th Jul 03 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welll im only getting backbox so im fine
corsaon18s

25th Jul 03 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well can you get a centre section that controls the noise but lets more gasses through?
Neshol

25th Jul 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get centre sections with smaller-than-standard centre silencers.
moddedcorsa

25th Jul 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but the guy in the other post had a full magnex system (not modded in any way, as it left the factory) And got pulled for "intentionally changing his exhaust to produce exsessive noise" or sumfin like that, and magnex systems arent loud, just a deep burble

New Poll