corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sport timing gear hissing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sport timing gear hissing
DangerousDave16v

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone else had problems with their 1.4/1.6 16v sports timing.theres a sort of hissing coming from the timing gear. Every couple of minutes it randomly hisses for a couple of seconds at a time ,me dad rekons one of the bearings in the timing pullies is cracked and is making the sound.The dude in the vauxhall garage said the ecotecs usually have problems in this area and said to change the belt and get new pulleys and tensioner, the thing is mines only done 29k.
car runs sweeet as a nut, just has this annoying noise
(mine is a 1.4 16v sport)

any ideas ??

cheers
ainsley_brader

23rd Jul 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change the pulleys, isnt worth taking the risk!
cobra148

23rd Jul 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strangely enough, mine made a similar sound just prior to the cambelt sensor snapping off. Like Ainsley says, get it checked out, if the pulleys or belt goes your looking at big bucks. BTW, mine had just under 30k on the clock at the time.

New Poll