corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Standard H/u with which speakers??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Standard H/u with which speakers??
Kayleigh

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has standard head unit (not vauxhall) - its a cd/radio. At some point in the future I will upgrade but at the moment there isn't a lead available so i'm sticking with it, I have some pioneer speakers (the ones with tweaters etc built in) which are quite good although eventually I would like components. If i get some decent components now will they work ok with the standard head unit? or am I best sticking the pioneers in untill i upgrade the h/u?
Also, If i do get components - what sort of region should the tweeters be mounted in??
Thanks
K
SteveW

22nd Jul 03 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK here goes:

Dont get the components now, wouldn't be any point untill you have an amp running them. Otherwise they will sound shite. Stick with your pioneers, they aint oo bad speakers.

As for mounting the tweeters. Are you going for a custom door build or just wanting to plonk them somewhere?? Cos the best place for them is in the kickwell, (bottom corner of the door) This way the treble is far away from your ear, which is a good thing. Cos they can sound really harsh. Mine are mounted in the normal corsa B place. (in the handel) they do sound quite bad sometimes but i might be getting custom door builds done soon enough.

Hope this helped a bit

Steve.
Kayleigh

22nd Jul 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks - I'll wack the pioneers in

New Poll