corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bootbuild! not bad

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bootbuild! not bad
GLSi GUY

User status: Offline
20th Jul 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is my first attempt at a bootbuild. its got 2 kenwood 500w 12" subs, a Maystar 700W 2ch amp which is located behind the aluminium mesh, a cold cathode (neon) infront of the mesh (switched on when the boot is open), and two fans powered by that amp to cool it down.
The parcel shelve is O/E with 2 Alpine 6x9's, a whole cut in the middle with perspex and silver windowtint (so when the neons are on you can see into the boot). and the parcelshelve is covered in black vinyl.

what do you think, and also what improvements can i make?

here are the pics, i dunno how to put the pic up, so here are the links:

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/pooycow/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.dnm=bootbuild1.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/pooycow/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/pooycow/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.dnm=bootbuild2.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/pooycow/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/pooycow/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.dnm=bootbuild3.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/pooycow/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

cheers

Rob

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by GLSi GUY]
SRi_m00k

20th Jul 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

certainly looks tidy mate!!

nice job!!
deano

20th Jul 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
but how do u get to ur spare wheel ? ? ?

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by deano]
the_legend_of_yrag

20th Jul 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good lad!!

Who needs the spare wheel!!
Bonzai

20th Jul 03 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mingin cover on your shelf dude
GLSi GUY

20th Jul 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

err, well to get to the spare wheel you have to slide the whole lot back, which takes time, but isnt that difficult, just a couple of skrews and it all slides back into the car (rear seats have to be down tho).

lol :-D cheers lordbonzai, the shelve was made ages ago, but now doesnt suit the rest of the bootbuild. the 6x9's are moving to the rear 'doorcards' (even tho its a 3dr car). and i'm leaving the shelf off.

Rob

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by GLSi GUY]
digitalbanana

20th Jul 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice...rough shelf tho. as bonzai said.

but where did u get the rear seats with headrests? I want some of them to replace my boring ones that are grey and the headrests would look better than without.
Fear

20th Jul 03 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spare wheel, who needs a spare wheel!!!!!
GLSi GUY

21st Jul 03 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

digitalbanana the headrests came with the car, as its a GLS.

nice boot cheekycorsa, is that a proffessionally installed install, or did you do it yourself?

deano

21st Jul 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need a spare wheel
Fear

21st Jul 03 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GLSi GUY
digitalbanana the headrests came with the car, as its a GLS.

nice boot cheekycorsa, is that a proffessionally installed install, or did you do it yourself?

All my own handy work, i hate to think what an ICE shop would of charged compared to the price it cost me to do it myself
Mav 3000

21st Jul 03 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgive my ignorance, but what is that in the middle cheeky? a fire extinguisher?

Also, how did you fit the perspex in with the rest of the install - it is just screwed into something?

How does your amp get air? I'd love to cover mine in perspex too, but I don't no how to ventilate the amp correctly.

Any answers, advice, help etc would be greatly appreciated as I would like to have ago at making my boot look a little better soon!
SRi_m00k

22nd Jul 03 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup looks like a fire extinguisher to me, has fire beater wrote up it!!

as for ventin ur amp, have u thawt of a few fans to circulate air?? can be used to extract air and vented towards the amp from behind the subs etc.?? or thru carpet at the fron of t ur install etc??

does that make sense?? it is very early in the mornin!!
L33 LEG
Banned

24th Jul 03 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

impressed rob! so when r u going to be driving again, aint seen u around for ages now?

LEG
Fear

24th Jul 03 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mav 3000
Forgive my ignorance, but what is that in the middle cheeky? a fire extinguisher?

Yep just a fire extinguisher, soon to be replaced with a cap tho

Also, how did you fit the perspex in with the rest of the install - it is just screwed into something?

The perspex is just screwed to the bottom of the sub box

How does your amp get air? I'd love to cover mine in perspex too, but I don't no how to ventilate the amp correctly.

I thought about getting fans but thought i would see if they got hot first, the smaller one gets warm but not hot and the big one dont get even slightly warm so i havent got anything in there to curculate the air it works fine without it, although when i made the amp racks i only made a frame and not a solid piece cuz the vents on the amps are on the bottom

Any answers, advice, help etc would be greatly appreciated as I would like to have ago at making my boot look a little better soon!

Hope this helps
GLSi GUY

24th Jul 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L33 LEG
impressed rob! so when r u going to be driving again, aint seen u around for ages now?

LEG

hi lee. my collarbone is still broken, so i have like 3 or 4 more weeks before i can drive again, doh! well at least i'm savin money (not using petrol). i have just started to re-trim my doorcards in blue and yellow.
how ya doin lee? i aint seen you on MSN for a bit. hows ya new car?

Rob
L33 LEG
Banned

25th Jul 03 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im always on msn, surprised wer never on at the same time. well, the new car is doing fine. i forgot to my handbrake on tho on sunday and it rolled into a van lol, the front bumper has sort of dropped half an inch and the fan aint too good, but other than that it sdoing good. however, i went thru a red light last week and a cop stopped me and is giving me 3 points for it, i already 3 points so i should be getting banned shortly. but im denying it all to waste time. got another 3months or so i reckon until court!

hope ur collarbone gets better soon mate,

LEG

New Poll