corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » More fuel in carborator???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author More fuel in carborator???
konrad983

User status: Offline
16th Jul 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a way of increasing the fuel into the carborator without a superchip?

I have heard that you just need to adjust a screw to allow more fuel to enter in the carborator. Is it true?

Any idea where this screw is located? i have a 1.2lt 8v corsa.

Thanks
Konrad Abela
MikeH

16th Jul 03 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm i don't think your car has a carborator

It will be fuel injected controlled by the ecu.

If you increase the air entering the engine with a better air filter, then the ecu will put more fuel in.

There is a dodgy (don't try it) mod circulating ebay which involves putting a resistor somewhere.... but this is just stupid!

[Edited on 16-07-2003 by MikeH]
konrad983

16th Jul 03 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lately I have fitted a large SIMOTA sports air filter. I think my engine is taking up too much air, because on 3rd I am experiencing lack of power, and my sports exhaust is making strange noises in the same time. What shall i do? Thats y i asked if i can open more fuel.
MikeH

16th Jul 03 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't really have too much air, because your only derestricting the filter.

If your power is lumpy what you can try is (as explained too many tiems on this forum) feed plenty of cold air towards the air filter with alluminium ducting.

You can also try disconnecting your battery overnight and then when you connect it and start it let it idle for about 30 seconds to recallibrate its self.

If it still has a problem after that you either haven't given it enough cold air or something is wrong.
konrad983

19th Jul 03 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok MikeH i will try that out.

Thanks for the help!

New Poll