corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Police! Full system exhaust!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police! Full system exhaust!
NPac

User status: Offline
10th Jul 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k boys and gals need som advice....
I jus bin pulled by the police they hav done me for my registration plate bein 2 small which is fair enough they were rite 2 do this as it is illegal and was gonna change em wen i had time, they hav given me 14 days 2 get this done another defect they hav given me is my full system exhaust... they said that it is 2 load. Now is this true that i need 2 get this system taken off and hav the standard 1 put bk on, i am fuckin gutted as i hav recently had this exhuast put on and it cost me £500.

please help as i need 2 get this form stamped by an approved mot garage within 14days.
drunkenfool

10th Jul 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noise regulations only come in between either 6 or 7 am, and 11pm. Unless it is REALLLY loud, i cant see them being able to do you for causing a public disturbance or whatever. just my 2p
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k... can any1 else back up this noise regulations times... is it true? they pulled me at 80 and if this is true im gonna go in2 the police station 2moro and bollock em!
matt_jonesuk

10th Jul 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant see if being a problem i never heard of a exhaust being to noisy though my mate had a loud exhaust and he got rid of it cause neighbours complained cause he came back at 3am each morning lol....

Jus tell the pigs to piss off got nothin better to do tell em there sirens cause more of a nuisance than any exhaust.
TRL

10th Jul 03 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See if you can source a quieter back-box only just for the testing. Then go back to the noisier one after.
I'd think twice about 'bollocking' the police based on advice from any forum. The advice could well be wrong, and you'll look a right idiot. Try and find out what the law is for yourself, or do as they say.
Tony
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i know thats why im askin if any1 got any info on this noise regulations so i can hav somet 2 back me up.

i aint changin my exhaust only 2 put it back on again as this would prob cost me another £200 or somet.

any1 know wot i should do?
matt_jonesuk

10th Jul 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road traffic noise

Many people who experience traffic noise in their homes or gardens consider it a nuisance. Tyre noise is responsible for the majority of noise from cars at speeds above 50km/hr. The level of tyre noise produced is dependent on the properties of the road surface.

Road vehicles have to comply with noise emission standards. The Police can take action if individual vehicles have defective silencers or are being driven in a manner that creates excessive noise. There are no specific limits on noise from roads, but noise levels may be taken into account when planning to build houses or offices near to roads. Noise barriers or noise insulation (e.g. acoustic double glazing, alternative means of ventilation) may be used to reduce the impact.

If noise from new roads exceeds certain limits at existing houses the householders may be eligible for noise insulation grants through the local highway authority. The Highways Agency has a target to install quieter road surfaces over 60% of the trunk road network by 31 March 2011. The trunk road network includes motorways and the more important ‘A’ roads

Just looked that up looks like u gotta get rid of the Zorst mate
matt_jonesuk

10th Jul 03 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/yourenv/eff/pollution/399148/399164/?version=1&lang=_e
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 wiv a site on the laws and mot regulations regarding exhausts.
matt_jonesuk

10th Jul 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll take a looky
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot if i get this defect rectification stamped with in the 14days by a mot certified garage coz they let me off, and the police pull me again and say ur exhaust is 2 load... and i hav a copy of the defect rectification form and i show this 2 them... they cant do shit rite coz it has been stamped!
matt_jonesuk

10th Jul 03 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.roadracers.co.uk/exhausts-regs.htm

this is for motorcycles but i would figure that car legislation on noise would b roughly the same
matt_jonesuk

10th Jul 03 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT wouldnt cover noise from ur exhaust MOT only covers safety the only thing they would check on the zorst is ur emission levels.
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers matt...
u think wot i sed would work? as i hav taken the form and gotten it stamped as they told me so its outa my hands as it got a mot certified stamp.
miles

10th Jul 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never bollock the police, they will just come back to haunt you!

how loud is it?

I would take it to a garage, say you got this form, and that you didn't have the back box on because you were waiting for it to be posted/made what ever, and now you've fitted it you need this form stamping. Just bull shit the garage into stamping the form.

Then your sorted.

Just might run into probs if the same police see you again and remember.....

NPac

10th Jul 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the documents it sez 4 vechile defects...

max power or mas power somet that has got notin 2 do wiv the exhaust so i reckon i could jus take this 2 a garage and say could u stamp this and if they ask wot it was 4(coz it sez max power) i could jus say it was 4 my reg plates and they bin changed now so could u stamp it. could i get away wiv this?
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could even tell the garage couldnt i... as theres nothin illegal about it im sure the garage will side wiv me that the cops were jus bein wankers.
miles

10th Jul 03 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe, maybe not.

If I worked for a garage I wouldn't stamp a form to say that the car is fine when the police have said it isn't, for the sake of £15 or whatever they will charge....

They wouldn't want it to come back to them.

So how loud is it?
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is load... but its only like wot a subru or an evo sounds like and they com standard wiv this noise so hav the fuck can they say that mines illegal... wen ppl are manufacturin cars that sound like mine???
luca2020

10th Jul 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scoobies and evos aint that loud

if ur exhaust is as loud as 1 of these, then ur either telling porkies or the old bill are taking the piss

my mate had a well loud exhaust on his old renault 19, set car alarms off when he booted it past them and he was never stiched up

on ur exhaust, does it have any silencers at all? im guessing it was a custom jobbie
drunkenfool

10th Jul 03 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i set off 2 car alarms since i had mine, never had any problems from the police at all. I think you should look into the noise pollution levels more, cos it looks like the police might just be looking for an excuse to book u.
Red_SXi

10th Jul 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who made the exhaust, i'd of thought if it was powerflow or a similar make you'd have some come-back either to say the exhaust is fine, or if it is too loud they should change it for free, manufacturers aren't allowed to sell stuff that doesn't comply with the law
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my exhaust done at ascar in sheffield, its a cobra sport stainless steel system from cat 2 to rear with dual exit 4" o/rolled
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.exhaustsuk.com
NPac

10th Jul 03 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hav a 25 year guarantee, iv only had it on 4 2weeks and if been pulled... fuckin joke!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll