corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » exhaust systems or just back box?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exhaust systems or just back box?
mrshlick

User status: Offline
6th May 03 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this sportex exhaust system for my 1.2 corsa on www.tuning.co.uk or online autosport as thier known:

"Well engineered non stainless systems with a choice of polished stainless, internally rolled tailpipes. Power gains are achieved by using the 'absorption' method of silencing and most Corsa variants should pick up around 6 Bhp for systems to cat. All systems are supplied with clamps & gaskets where required and fit to the original mounting points on the car."

I think the figure of 6bhp is way over estimating! Am i right? Also is it worth getting a complete system or just opt for the bax box? What does a complete system replace apart from the back box?
mrshlick

6th May 03 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its either the system or a 4" ashley back box only for £90. What you rekon?
Luke1.4

6th May 03 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends, your not going to get much performance increase on a 1.2 so i wouldnt buy a full system for that reason. If your current system is in bad condition u might aswell go for a full system up to you really and how much money u have 2 spend.
dig dave2811

6th May 03 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also a full system, will sound much nicer
Adam_lee

6th May 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a stainless steel Piper back box a few months ago. At the time the mid box and exhaust system looked fine. But then a week ago it started blowing from the mid box. When I took it off it was peper'd with holes where it had rotted from the inside out. Anyway, i decided to replace it with the stainless mid section only to be told that it wont fit my back box.

Basicaly when you buy a back box it is made to fit the standard exhaust pipe size (1, 3/4"). When you buy a full system it is normaly made with bigger pipe (about 2"+). So you cant just add it later. Hence you might as well stump up the cash for a full system now.

I now have the piper full stainless system with a 3.5" inward rolled tailpipe and it sounds so much better than just the BB. Car runs better too but thats probably phicological. £210 it cost so it aint that expensive either.
wee_kev

7th May 03 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have q powerflow bb but they said i could get the rest done at a l8r d8 if i wanted

New Poll