corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » I HAD THE WORST MOTERWAY CRASH ON THE M6 YESTERDAY!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I HAD THE WORST MOTERWAY CRASH ON THE M6 YESTERDAY!
MyK3

User status: Offline
8th Jul 03 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yo, I was a passenger of a fiesta MK3 car on the m6 motorway by the round about for Birmingham round about. We where trying to catch up with the people we where following home back to London. What then happened was as we where in the middle lane about to turn in to the overtaking lane the car jumped out of 5th gear in to neutral then we just missed the metal barriers by an inch. When the driver tried pulling away from the barriers he then swerved to the left then to the right, smoke from burning rubber was every where around the car then after it swerved right the car did a full 180 turn and we where going backwards on the m6 and looking at all the cars coming ahead of us. The driver swerved around and dogged all the cars why we where going backwards (about 40 - 50MPH) then hit the brakes and smashed in to the wall on the hard shoulder and we came to a complete stop. And the incident support unit and the police came and the RAC took us and the smashed car home. No one was hurt one bit (we all thank ourselves we are all alive) but it just is playing on our minds of what could have happened like a big lorry crushing over the car. Now I don’t drive yet and I am going to get a corsa and max it but there is no way in a million years I will race it and speed every where like I wanted to before. Its really shocked me on how dangerous speeding really can be.
-Happy to be here alive
Myk3
Icy

8th Jul 03 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how d the gear jump out?
Kris TD

8th Jul 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icy
how d the gear jump out?

mine has done it once before when i hit a pothole.
JoeyB

8th Jul 03 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Lude has done that an it turned ouit 5th gear was shot! It is scary when ya dont know whats happened!
MyK3

8th Jul 03 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the think is we where on our way to alton towers (we go there ok lol) but what kept on happening on the way was the gear kept on slipping out i think it was cos the vibration on the gear stick so we filled up with air and then it was ok till on the way back it started doing it again so thats how it happend.
cheers
myk3
BabyBlade

8th Jul 03 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt a roundabout on the m6? do u mean a slip road??
M2RTY

8th Jul 03 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did it jumping out of gear cause u to swerve?

MyK3

8th Jul 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to sure realy i dint realy no where we where. it was a plave where loads of junctions where and we where on top of a bridge. lucky the walles didnt smash! or we would have been in a river or water
MyK3

8th Jul 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H
how did it jumping out of gear cause u to swerve?

what happened is as he was moving in to the fast lane the gear came out of 5th and he sort of panicked cos there was a really loud vroom where it was reving in neutral and he just lost control and it swerved every where. once reason why it swerved was cos it was a shabby car and the wheels on it are thin and the car hasnt been lowered so its higher upo on the wheels so it can loose controle easier. we are so lucky it didnt barrel role!
OFcorsa

8th Jul 03 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy shit dude! Me the issus and our friends all went to alton towers on wednesday and my ate was driving his fiesta 1800 and he was saying to me about the gear kept popping out but only when we stopped at traffic lights!!
MyK3

8th Jul 03 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well we didnt have to queue for the last ride. it could have been a trip to heaven though!
OFcorsa

8th Jul 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was air 110min wait all day?
Cybermonkey

8th Jul 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my old corsa my gearbox went into neutral at 70mph, then for some reason i pushed it into first. Just proves how tough those gearboxes and engines are, it drove fine afterwards. Must have decelerated to 20mph in about 2 seconds. I got whiplash from it.
Rob H

8th Jul 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
I got whiplash from it.

Whiplash? Usually when your slowing down you shove it in a lower gear , and if you let the clutch out too quick, you get thrown forward

Surely what you did should have the same effect?
TOMAS

8th Jul 03 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob, learn to read...
BabyBlade

8th Jul 03 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garnz

8th Jul 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank god i dont have a 5th gear! lol
ainsley_brader

9th Jul 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MyK3
, smoke from burning rubber was every where around the car then after it swerved right the car did a full 180 turn and we where going backwards on the m6 and looking at all the cars coming ahead of us. The driver swerved around and dogged all the cars why we where going backwards (about 40 - 50MPH) then hit the brakes and smashed in to the wall on the hard shoulder and we came to a complete stop.

So lets see, he couldnt control his car when it popped out of gear but managed to dodge all the car while going backwards at 40mph.

The smoke was from where?

MoNkEy MaGiC

9th Jul 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holy shit man, what you jus described sounded like it came straight out of a high speed car scene from a action movie! so lucky nobody got hurt man, i was bit freaked out wen u said it happend comming back from alton towers coz im gonna be driving up their and back next week!
Wolfy

10th Jul 03 at 05:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was your car i saw then when coming home from oldbury... bugger... ta for the 30 minutes i had to wait stuck in a jam... but glad your alive n all!

[Edited on 10-07-2003 by Corsa1zero]
MyK3

10th Jul 03 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa1zero
it was your car i saw then when coming home from oldbury... bugger... ta for the 30 minutes i had to wait stuck in a jam... but glad your alive n all!

[Edited on 10-07-2003 by Corsa1zero]

yo are u sure? on the m6 and it was going over a bridge it smashed in to the concreat barriers. it was a dark blue ford fiesta and there where 4 of us 2 girls and 2 guys including me. but i dont understand how it made a traffic jam cos we missed all the cars and smashed backwards in to the concreat wall and we where well off the road out of all the cars way, are u sure it was us?
also it was the monday the 7th july at about 70pm it happend, was that us?!
cheers
-myk3

[Edited on 07/10/03 by MyK3]

[Edited on 07/10/03 by MyK3]

New Poll