corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Where to buy Carpet and Speaker Cloth?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where to buy Carpet and Speaker Cloth?
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
4th Jul 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I'm looking at least to built my own stealth shelf (maybe a false floor later on). I can get the MDF from B&Q, but where's the best place to buy the carpet from (prefereably to match the other carpet in my car) and the speaker cloth that goes under the carpet above the speakers?

Is normal mounting glue ok to use to stick the carpet to the shelf? or is there a stronger, better alternative?

Thanks again!
AdiSRI

4th Jul 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to your local audio shop, they will sell all the carpet / spray glue u need. I am gonna attempt to build wooden floor etc.. in next couple of weeks, so am in same boat m8.
Kris TD

4th Jul 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay, 5 quid for more than enoguh to do a shelf and speaker builds.
get 2 lots.

oh dont use spray glue, ive found that evo sticvk time bond is the best stuff, it never unsticks
AdiSRI

4th Jul 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
oh dont use spray glue, ive found that evo sticvk time bond is the best stuff, it never unsticks

Where do u get this stuff from kris??
I dont like to buy stuff like carpet that will be visible from ebay etc... i want to be able to see the colour myself b4 i decide but then thats just me!!
Kris TD

4th Jul 03 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enoguh, i bought black so blacks black, however when i get my blue i wanna see it in the flesh too.
got the tin of adheasive from do it all,
Mav 3000

4th Jul 03 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bought Evo-Stick Impact adhesive but it didn't stick that well unless you left it for ages, but when I tried it on my Cobr trim it went through - thought "best not risk wrecking the material" so got it done for me, but I can see it working well on carpet.

Apparently Evo 528 is the best stuff, but I couldn't find the exact stuff in any DIY store near me.

I think I'll start another saving scheme parrellel to my alloy fund and then go shopping for speakers, amp, carpet, mfd and whatever else.

Cheers guys

New Poll