corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Could Someone Compile a Guide on Removing the Standard Stereo form a Corsa B! Thanks...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Could Someone Compile a Guide on Removing the Standard Stereo form a Corsa B! Thanks...
Tidus

User status: Offline
4th Jul 03 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above! Then u2u it to Romford Astra and i think he'll put it in the Tutorials. There might even be 1 somewhere, anyone know? i cant find one>

Many Thanks
Richie

4th Jul 03 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really that difficult, but here goes.

Remove the 4 screws on the face of the headunit.

Grab a set of ISO radio removal keys, and stick them into the holes, you'll see how they go when u buy em.

Then this will release the unit from the cage, and the radio should start to come out.

Then, the existing vauxhall cage needs to be removed. Grab an 8mm socket, and undo the bolt at the back. This will release the cage, and all thats left to do now is unclip the ISO block and the aerial socket from the cage, which is pretty straightforward.

Nuff said.
jipp

5th Jul 03 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bits missed
after removing headunit squeze front of cage together (there are metal prongs at the back of some of the cages that can get caught and are a bitch to get out if they snag. pull cage half way out. then with small screwdriver unclip ariel from the two clips in the back of the cage. left one down and right one up. then useing the screwdriver unclip the ariel. (you really don't want to break this as you'll have to replace the whole ariel.
then unclip the harness on the right by pushing in the three clips on the right of the block and one on the top left.and bosh out it comes
jipp

5th Jul 03 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and when putting the new unit in take the ashtray off and conect the ariel whent he headubit is halfway in, this will gaurentee that you won't damage the flimsy elbow joint on the ariel.
Richie

5th Jul 03 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol ur making it seem so difficult when it aint
Corsa^Dan

6th Jul 03 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i pulled my ariel end off.. oops
Kris TD

6th Jul 03 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jipp
and when putting the new unit in take the ashtray off and conect the ariel whent he headubit is halfway in, this will gaurentee that you won't damage the flimsy elbow joint on the ariel.

depends on ya headunit really, sony ones tend to have the aerial connecter built into the bk of the headunit, whereas kenwood ones are on a lead so there is no need to remove the ashtray.
Richie

6th Jul 03 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and if u pull yer aerial end off (if u do ur a bellend ), just buy an aerial adaptor from halfords that matches ur existing connector, and crimp it on (tidily), then grab a soldering iron.

Happened to my bro's rover when he pulled his unit out while on the road

New Poll