corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lowered Suspension

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowered Suspension
spiny

User status: Offline
   2nd Jul 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have fitted a Spax lowering kit to my 1.4 16V Sport Years 2000. 35/40 MM lowering. The springs now chatter on hard bumps, sound like coconut shells from the inside. have fitted new and extra bump stops on the dampers, springs seated correctly, roll bar tight and nothing loose that might cause noise. Wheels not clipping chassis (15" ET 45 with 45 profile) and am getting desperate. Fitting extra bump stop did help a bit in that it doesnt clunk at speed only 35 MPH and under. Anyone got any suggestions.
negromuy negro

2nd Jul 03 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put back your original suspension
got similar problem
50mm omp springs. grip on curves great, riding sucks
gambler1982

2nd Jul 03 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HI i had the same problem i had a fiat punto and i lowered it 40mm all round and my fron to spring was making the same sound like the brake pad ways loose.

Well i found out that when it was under load the spring were chinking together. So what i did was put some strips of rubber between the coils and zip tied in to place that stoped it for me. Give it a go if you look on the spring if that is what is hapening there will be paint scape this is where you need to put the rubber. (I used some rubber stips from the side wall of an old tyer) :thumbs:
TOMAS

3rd Jul 03 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it time to bed in, it will stop. Is it definatley the coils chattering?
jmucorsasport

3rd Jul 03 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stiffer shox should stop the problem especially if your dropping over 40mm..
I'm on apex springs with spax VSX shox dropped 60mm... no probs

New Poll