corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Induction kits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Induction kits
Haazey

User status: Offline
   1st Jul 03 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya folks,
I've just reg. with site and need some advice if anyone can help. I've got myself a nice little GSi 16v. No mods at the mo, but want to do her up a bit at a time. You no the score, with a missus and a six year old brat who thinks he's a bad boy but can't even reach the pedals yet, money's bit tight.
The first thing I want to do is put in an induction kit, but where to start I don't know. After abit of revising I've found that all though the engine is sweet it's very small, not alot of room for an induction kit without it sucking up warm air, which ain't no good. I like the look of the Pipercross Viper kit. Has anybody got this or is it too big? I've been told that the best way to get round all this is to just mod the airbox to allow more cool air in? Does that work work or are they talking shite? Please help!
broster
Premium Member

1st Jul 03 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a viper, there is a post up somewhere that shows the diff in power between the viper an the drilled airbox route, its about td insuction kits tho, but power figures are from 1.6 16v i fink! viper is expencive, worth it, but try a BFO from PVD they are loud
UK_Sky

1st Jul 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive drilled my airbox, i dont know about power increase or a perfoemnce drop. but i have definatly noticted a sound improvement, i have everything standard at teh mo apart from the airbox and have got a panel filter on order from PVD.
Haazey

1st Jul 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh! cheers for that Broster. I'm not after a loud one though I just want it to purr nicely. I'll check out this BFo though, whats the price do you no?
Haazey

1st Jul 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uk_sky, let me know whats its like when you get the filter through from pvd. cheers
broster
Premium Member

1st Jul 03 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£79 i fink, u2u Joff, he works at PVD, i have the viper, as i said earlier, its not very loud, cuz its incased in carbon, so u do get a nice noise from it, the BFO cone is one of the loudest ones for the corsa, its very big, viper is much smaller, some1 i no has the BFO on a 1.2 8v an it sounds very loud. if u can get the viper, worth it for the money!
Haazey

1st Jul 03 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one
Gambit

1st Jul 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a drilled airbox and aftermarket panel filter (K&N or PiperX) is your best bet, the viper is £250, whereas the first option will cost you about £40 and an hour to drill the box

if you just buy an induction kit then your car will run shít, people say about cold air feeds, but these only work when the car is moving, if your stuck in traffic etc your car will suck loads hot air and run like a dog

the drilled airbox will prevent you sucking in a lot of hot air.

drilled airbox & cold airfeeds are a happy medium.

if you can afford the viper though then get it.

all options will make your GSI growl after 3.5k rpm.

to all 8v owners, induction kits on 8v motors are a waste of time they just make a loud drone noise and sound shíte

[Edited on 01-07-2003 by Gambit]
Haazey

1st Jul 03 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they prob do but i've a 16v
broster
Premium Member

1st Jul 03 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the viper kit dont suck hot air in while stationary, iv had no runnin probs with this kit, as Gambit said if u can afford it then get it!
Haazey

1st Jul 03 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how does it work when your stuck in traffic and the bloody car infront has got its exhaust in yer face
Gambit

1st Jul 03 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the air temp inside the engine compartment is a hell of a lot warmer than that of the outside air temp + exhaust fumes, even on a summers days!
Haazey

1st Jul 03 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah Gambit, the walking encyclopedia. Cheers matey.
broster
Premium Member

1st Jul 03 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but on the viper u have a cold air feed that goes into the sealed filter, so itll only suck the same amount of crap in as an air box does
corsa120

1st Jul 03 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to me if u get a viper u may aswell drill the airbox and get a performance panel filter because it will do the same as the airbox plus an airbox is bigger so more air in than a viper, viper is waste of money it just looks nice really
Haazey

2nd Jul 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Point taken, suposse its just down to preferential difference. Might just drill the box and get a panel first, c wot happens

New Poll