corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Blue L.E.D from Standard Bulb Dial Conversion Help!???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blue L.E.D from Standard Bulb Dial Conversion Help!???
Tidus

User status: Offline
   26th Jun 03 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello!

This is my First ever Post! Sorry if I Seem not Clued up, cos i'm not. I Have been Driving for 2 Months now and only brought my (T)99 Corsa 1.0 12v a week ago.
I'm new to modding and stuff and need some help on Changing my Standard Dash Bulbs to 5000mcp (30 degree) Ultra Bright Hyper Blue L.E.D's.

I Found a Web Page that Sells the Conversion (www.pro-vision.co.uk)
but i think i could pull it off Cheaper and Maybe Better and more to my likings (not that £10 expensive, but for 4 L.E.D's!!!:Mad

I Found the L.E.D's I need at Maplin for £1 each. But!!! I havent a Clue where to Get the Osram bulb Holders from??? (Anyone Knows please Help!)

Also i would like to try Ultra Violet L.E.D's instead of the Blue ones, but i'm unsure on how well they would light up my Standard Dials! Does anyone think it will work well enough?

Thanks for Any Info
barry_kellett99

26th Jun 03 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talk to Mr Cobra... he is da man for LEDs
CRB 553

26th Jun 03 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no ultra violet wont work, u carnt see ultraviolet light so the light ur on about will be a purplish colour i wud imagine ...stick with blue neway.

Use the bulb holders already in place in ur dash.

£1 an led. r u sure the r 3.99 at maplins for 1.3cd 30 degree.
cobra148

26th Jun 03 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, do you have a dash with or without rev counter as the bulbs/holders are different sizes?

UV leds don't light much different to the regular bulbs, they will give you a nice smile and a nice clean shirt look though. But uv light isn't too good for your eyes.

If your gonna pay £1 each for a led, you'll also need the appropriate resistor and bulb holder, and maybe some heat shrink sleeving, its gonna bump up the price. I've got a few 5000mcd leds here ready fitted in holders if your interested. I've got a few 10000mcd in blue too, these are better for the heater panel etc.

New Poll