corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just came back from Max P at the ace cafe!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just came back from Max P at the ace cafe!
Paul_J

User status: Offline
25th Jun 03 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was wicked! I thought it'd be busy, but not that busy!

The streets were lined with cars, I had to park several minutes walk away from the ace cafe, because there were so many cars all up the sides of the road and down each turn off.

Some quality motors out there tonight, both in the ace cafe and out of it.

Fit Max Power Birds washing the cars and the best bit - While at the bar waiting to be served a Max Power Babe bought me a drink...

She was like 'Want a drink?' - I'm like 'No thanks, there's gotta be a catch' - She says 'No catch, Max Power are buying all its readers drinks' - I of course accept the drink, regardless of the fact I wouldn't touch the magazine with a barge pole

It did feel it was lacking some sort of 'burnout' atmosphere, but since the police were not far away it was probably for the best. So many top cars there tonight, some mad sound systems too. I'm sure I counted 9! yes 9 15" subs in this yellow van.

Met OJC off the board - Wasn't sure whether it was him, he looked familiar but wasn't sure. Went up to his crowd and said 'any of you from corsasport' ... which was followed by complete silence and me thinking 'oh shit - its not him! how can I explain this one' ... then one of the girls say 'Yeh OJC' ...

To which he said 'How did you know I wasn't gonna ass rape you', so I decided it was best to leave... j/k

Saw Andy Stocker there too, not sure if I saw anyone else off of corsasport.

So many cars crusing up and down... it was quality -

Finally decided to leave about 11, got on the A406 to be faced with traffic... but traffic of modified cars - so that was also cool. Had window down and people were giving good comments and I was returning them...

quote 'Nice wheels' etc

got onto the a40 and was waiting to get out of the speed camera zones... also waiting for a modified car to challenge... didn't see anything and then turned off for what I thought was my turning only to find it wasn't and had to go back over the roundabout to get back on the a40 - at which point I saw a Saxo VTR and a debadged Golf mk2 go flying past racing...

I quickly tried to catch em up and only caught up at the next turn off as they were slowing down for 'a corner' ... pff I saw the saxo turn off and the golf was going my way - I saw them both give each other the thumbs up and so I knew the golf was up for a race.

I dropped it into 3rd in the power range and planted it behind the golf - we both swooped onto the dual carriage way and I was keeping it in the power as I went up the gears... in a straight line he was pulling away from me, but I saw his brake lights come on as he approached a tight bend...

I of course - wanting to catch up just kept my foot down and held on praying. Soon caught up and we were then flying along a straight road (still national speed limit roads - we were going faster though ) - both round the first round about, me planted behind him... Down the next long stretch and he was edging slightly away from me... 90... 100 mph ... hard on the brakes up to the Uxbridge road round about.

- he went round, I went round attempting to keep revs high - Both dropped onto the dual carriage way and both foot planted he was once again edging away - but I wasn't that far behind... doing a good 80-90 mph we were on the downhill stretch where it twists left then right then left again... he looked like he was too 'scared' to take it any faster.

I (also slightly worried about taking these bumpy bends at these speeds) moved into the outside lane and then edged past him and had the momentum out of the final bend and onto the last straight drop as the speedo wound round to about 110-115 mph while he moved out into the outside lane but was still behind!

We both caught up traffic and backed off - me in the lead

we pulled up at the lights - wound down our windows and gave the thumbs up - I did a little 'wow' while punching the air and wiping the sweat from my brow.

He then said 'Wo man - what you running under there?'

I replied '1.2'

He said 'NO WAY!!! this is a 100 bhp 1.6!'

I said 'Yup - its a 1.2 16v 75 bhp sxi!'

He answered 'Man! I need a new car!'

You don't know how much I was grinning! I was so happy - I missed my turn off and ended up following him through wexham to get back on the right road.

I know people are gonna say 'Twat!' - for racing... but there was honestly nothing on the roads and most of the roads were national speed limit / dual carriage ways - its not like we were racing through 30 mph residential areas!

What a night.

Paul J

[Edited on 25-06-2003 by Paul_J]
Andy Stocker

26th Jun 03 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently I got back to my car just in time as according to a bloke parking up some black men were taking a liking to my car
AndyW

26th Jun 03 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 golfs come with 75 bhp standard only gti's come with over 100, n golfs r a lot heavier. i gotta 1.8 golf n i got whooped buy a saxo da other da cos on the twisty stuff they just leave me
Paul_J

26th Jun 03 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh well I can only go by what he said - he said it has 100 bhp... it was infront of the saxo on the motorway so it had to be over 90!

yeh I could see it didn't corner as well as my 40mm full suspension kitted corsa does hehe... it was only at corners I caught back up

Though I gave him a good run and passed him and he was 'shocked' to say the least to hear my car was only a 1.2.

Paul J

[Edited on 26-06-2003 by Paul_J]
AndyW

26th Jun 03 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol sounds fun tho
X3DOS

26th Jun 03 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X3DOS

26th Jun 03 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomorrow we hear how I raced an ant round my patio. Oh the pace and excitement of it all.
Patrick

26th Jun 03 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

115mph in an Sxi

You crack me up!!
Mikorsa16v

26th Jun 03 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that gave me some good reading paul
u know wat he is on about patrick, indicated speed an all mate
X3DOS

26th Jun 03 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you jam your head into the roof lining just above the steering wheel and look directly down at the speedo when doin a tonne from parallax it reads 150. nurrr
Mikorsa16v

26th Jun 03 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO!
jay@ffwd

26th Jun 03 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the race on the Uxbridge ring road?
Sam
Premium Member

26th Jun 03 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X12XE engine is only 65bhp, only the Z12XE in the Corsa C is 75bhp.
Mikorsa16v

26th Jun 03 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

correct
Patrick

26th Jun 03 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Corsa B Sxi had a Z12XE engine with 75bhp though. Think only the X-reg Corsa B's had them in though.
vibrio
Banned

26th Jun 03 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 has 86hp so GTF
Craig W

26th Jun 03 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
Apparently I got back to my car just in time as according to a bloke parking up some black men were taking a liking to my car

Thieving BB's
Ojc

26th Jun 03 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I feel that we were out numbered 10 to 1.

This makes me kinda raging.
Foz

26th Jun 03 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a essay.
Ojc

26th Jun 03 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but a good one.
Icy

26th Jun 03 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and how did u manage to remember every twist and turn
3CorsaMeal

26th Jun 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was ojc shy and playing with his willy thru his pocket???
Ojc

26th Jun 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was not shy, I asked him if I could arse rape him.
3CorsaMeal

26th Jun 03 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but were u fiddling with ur little pink army friend?

I want to see u somewhere and speak to u, i would run my hand thru ur hair and get off with u....
vibrio
Banned

26th Jun 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel that if a real man was to come on to OJC he would run a mile.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just came back from Max P at the ace cafe! 22 database queries in 0.0127079 seconds