corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » new setup, comments plz

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new setup, comments plz
wainey

User status: Offline
25th Jun 03 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine headunit, aint sure which model but its a full front with decent features, focal 13cm coaxial components, dls 3 channel amp, channel per focal speaker and the mono channel to run my jlw3d2 12''sub, then a set of standard speakers in the back runnin off the headunit!
Richie

25th Jun 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ditch the standard speakers, no point really.

Make sure u got decent cable running to the DLS amp.
bassy

25th Jun 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

setup sounds ok.... not as good as mine tho
wainey

27th Jun 03 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound, i got 4gauge power cable to a power block and then 8gauge from the power block to the amp. and bassy bet your system may be louder but is your car as quick as mine?
SteveW

27th Jun 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said earlier bin the standard speakers in the back. Wont really hear them over the sub anyway.

Other than that you got it going fine. What power is the DLS???? cos you might be underpowering the sub/speakers. Which as people should know by now is BAD.

bassy - What you got running then??? Any pics??

Steve
bassy

27th Jun 03 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i aint got no pics yet ya no,ive got a 1.8 rs turbo, ive got 4 12" rockford subs in the boot.infinity 6x9's on parcel shelf and some more 6x9's in front door panels,got 4 amps n it cost me fuckin shit loads for a battery to power all my amps,gettin some pics soon tho truss me
Adge

21st Nov 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.8 rsturbo at 18 that mint mate, well done install sounds gd aswell
AdiSRI

22nd Nov 04 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wainey
jlw3d2 12''sub

do u mean JL 12W3V2, as if its a D2 then u only gonna get a 4 or 1 ohm load from it, and i doubt the DLS will go to 1 ohm if its a 3 channel not a dedicated mono....
Dom

22nd Nov 04 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bassy
nah i aint got no pics yet ya no,ive got a 1.8 rs turbo, ive got 4 12" rockford subs in the boot.infinity 6x9's on parcel shelf and some more 6x9's in front door panels,got 4 amps n it cost me fuckin shit loads for a battery to power all my amps,gettin some pics soon tho truss me

sounds impressive, but i bet it sounds shit although im guessing its a SPL setup rather than sound quality considering you have unboxed 6x9s all over the place

wainey - sounds good mate Although i would opt for a seperate monoblock and 2channel amp. But as long as the amp pushing out abit more power than what the speakers and sub are RMS rated then it should be fine And yea, like the others...ditch the rear speakers

New Poll