corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bad boy bonnet and scoop DIY

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bad boy bonnet and scoop DIY
leeboo

User status: Offline
   23rd Jun 03 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone attempted any of the above on there bonnet??
Just wondered if u got any tips on doin these, coz im thinkin of havin a go and to do as much as i can before sending it off to the bodyshop for painting. Cheers peeps
vauxtillidie

23rd Jun 03 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a pic of when i was mid way thru my badboy bonnet, its finished now but i aint got any pics of it at the mo but its not that hard altho sandin by hand is a pain, lukily i had the use of bodyshop tools e.g DA sander but i did the welding myself at home

leeboo

23rd Jun 03 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do u start on the bad boy though. I could really do with step by step guidance starting with step 1. cheers mate
vauxtillidie

23rd Jun 03 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start by cuttin out some metal to go accross the lights, grind off paint to bare metal where u will be welding then clamp the metal in place while u weld it on. grind down welds then use body filler to smooth it all into ur bonnet, sand down till smooth with no bumps.

tbh if its goin in the bodyshop neway id leave it to them cus they may have different ways of doin things, i know mine isnt the best.
Jafster

24th Jun 03 at 05:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vaux where can you get welding tools for the job then i would have a go myself -
vauxtillidie

24th Jun 03 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can probably hire a mig welder which wud do the trick, ive got one already so that wasnt a problem

New Poll