corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Group A cat back exaust systems, any good???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Group A cat back exaust systems, any good???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   22nd Jun 03 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys, ive got a corsa 1.6 16v Gsi, ive recently fitted a full group A exaust system

ive heard that a Group A system will actually reduce acceleration, is this true???

Anyone else here with a Group A exaust, and what have u noticed???

as ive not really felt any loss in acceleration if anything a slight increase, the car also feels much smoother through the revs now!

please help, thanks
dousey

22nd Jun 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i have heard that the grp a systems reduce power unless the engine is heavily modified so it needs a bigger bore exhaust to get exhaust gasses out of the engine quicker.

Not sure if i am right on this one but i think so?
Makarus

22nd Jun 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I know a Group A system is like dousey said for highly modified engines, a standard 1.6 16V wont need that kinda system so you should loose acceleration because the back pressure will be lost.
JJ

23rd Jun 03 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 1.6 16v sport with the scorpion group a system no cat and some sly engine work the system wont make the car any slower as standard, it will slightly increase torque and feel smoother, wont do anything for your fuel economy either lol, run the car as much as possible on super unleaded as it has a higher octain level and the engine should run really well, as for the increased bore, that is only after the centre box anyway, so all it does is clear the exhaust gases slightly quicker as its leaving after the centre box. oh yes, and gives a nice note
miles

23rd Jun 03 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bore that is too big will reduce torque.
big eck

23rd Jun 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a full group a system, de-catted and 4 branch manifold zorst on ma car and it makes a big difference, adds about another 5-10bhp. Put a set of cams in your car and get the head reworked you;ll notice big gains then.
broster
Premium Member

23rd Jun 03 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a grp a system on my car with viper an lexmaul inlet, the zorst sounds nice an made the car rev better an a slight improvment in acceleration, nuffin amazin but its noticable! as JJ said its after the middle box that its gets to grp a bore so its hardly gunna make that much difference, next up is cams an a chip!
MoNkEy MaGiC

23rd Jun 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cars just got the group A exaust and a KnN induction kit so far.
im getting the viper very soon too!

"Broster" ive got similar mods to you, what will i notice a different between the viper and my old KnN on my Gsi, in terms of sound and performance???

cheers guys
broster
Premium Member

23rd Jun 03 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds a bit quieter but the k&n is a deaper note than the viper, the viper is a better note i fink, slightly raspy an howls at 6-6500. performance is better aswell, itll be noticable, give more low down torque than the k&n. worth it for the money
MoNkEy MaGiC

24th Jun 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which corsa do u have mate?
Kris TD

24th Jun 03 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grp a as said is too big for an otherwise standard engine, 2 1/2 inch is what i would use on my turbo cos i actually want to decrease back pressure whereas you dont want to loose it.
Adam

24th Jun 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos after the turbo you want rid off the gas as soon as possible
broster
Premium Member

24th Jun 03 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the 1.4 16v

New Poll