corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ALL INDUCTION KIT EXPERTS HELP NEEDED

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ALL INDUCTION KIT EXPERTS HELP NEEDED
Kris TD

User status: Offline
19th Jun 03 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo, my drilled airbox sounds louder than my induction kit did apart from at idle when it sounds standard.
THE SRI KID

19th Jun 03 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive stated this on page 5 in Pod's, Panels and Cold Air = POWER thread and no 1 replied o well yes swift gti twin cam 1.3 are realy quick they rev realy hi, ive seen 1 piss on a modded astra gte
THE SRI KID

19th Jun 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if no 1 belives me take your corsa out and red line it then put the standard airbox on, then redline it see what happens wen u reach 4500 rpm bet most people have forgton the sound and pull they corsa had i got a 1.4 sri so will difa on diff corsa`s
Daimo B

20th Jun 03 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Kris, i ahve to admit, not heard it on yuors, but on the SRi 8v the drilled airbox was much louder than the cone too!
carnoisseurcraig

20th Jun 03 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, so what ur saying is a drilled airbox has the ability to produce more power than a boxed cone filter.

I have a corsa sport, just a 1.4 16v.

Made up a sort of ram effect filter where i have used the forced induction catch from a vts., modded it to fit, ran the pipe straight into my blitz supersonic filter (modded to fit) and i saw 5bhp at the fly with that change.

I have the print out to prove and the fact my mate owns his own rolling road tuning company helps too.

Do u really think rally cars run drilled airboxes because the have more power.

If i turned up in my nova (wi a swift engine) with a drilled airbox i would get the piss ripped right out of me and told to get that sorted.

i can see ur thinking wi the standard airbox acting as the heat sheild and have a free flowing filter wi loads of drilled holes in the box. But air has still gotta get sucked up. No way can that be more efficient than a car thats having air sucked thru. with no restrictions.
Daimo B

20th Jun 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't work like that. The engien is designed to run with the airbox and filter.

Coens draw in the hot air causing a "lag" effect at low revs.

Trust me on this please, you would see better gains from a well drilled airbox and aftermarket panel filter. Lee Mitchell, the bloke he bought his new GSi off (Vauxhall boff) We were talking about cone filters last night. They do work on some cars, but not on Vauxhall engines.

Why do u think most of the mig 2.0ltire owners keep their airbox and dont ahve induction kits

I'd ahve my airbox back on it fit fitted no probs.
JoeyB

20th Jun 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get a Custom made Induction Kit, i have 1 wid a K&N on the end. And a heatsheild will help aswell, i need to make one myself!
Seirrah

5th May 04 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay guys, consider me a bit of a newbie

I have a W reg 1.2 SXi , and I really don't fancy drilling anything to be honest. So i guess I'm looking at an Induction Kit - is it worth the £50, what do you reckon?
(I have tried to find and read all the threads)

Any other simple performance tips via PM would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Seirrah
L330wnz

5th May 04 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drilled air box everytime i have a 1.6 sport and it gurgles like a scooby at low revs and growls at higer revs.. doesn't really increase the performance but a much more smoother power delivery.. I agree with Daimo
Seirrah

5th May 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't wanna drill *sniff*
MJ

5th May 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can u get the BMC filters from and how much are they, also does anyone have a picture of one.

cheers

mark
broster
Premium Member

5th May 04 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another which is better post! always fun! basically if you want a loud car get an induction kit, if u want it to make a difference, get a heat shield on it, or a viper. simple as really
Seirrah

5th May 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are you saying an Induction Kit and heat shield OR a viper kit ?

Right, I think i'm just gonna shutup and watch you big guys talk, see if I pick anything up along the way

broster
Premium Member

5th May 04 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah basically id go for a n induction kit and heat shield or a viper type kit over a drilled air box anyday. drilled air box seems pikey to me sorry!
Seirrah

5th May 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely jubbly.
1) it is worth doing it in my 1.2 Sxi ?
2) if i look hard enough is there a description of how to make a heat shield on this forum ?

Edit: If someone could just u2u me then that would be great

[Edited on 05-05-2004 by Seirrah]
Graham

5th May 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yeah basically id go for a n induction kit and heat shield or a viper type kit over a drilled air box anyday. drilled air box seems pikey to me sorry!

tis not pikie just i canna afford nowt else
micra_pete
Premium Member

5th May 04 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carnoisseurcraig
Do u really think rally cars run drilled airboxes because the have more power.

nissan motorsport did
AndyCorsaC

5th May 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wots the best way to fit and make a heat sheild on a budget here
mwg

5th May 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seirrah
Okay guys, consider me a bit of a newbie

I have a W reg 1.2 SXi , and I really don't fancy drilling anything to be honest. So i guess I'm looking at an Induction Kit - is it worth the £50, what do you reckon?
(I have tried to find and read all the threads)

Any other simple performance tips via PM would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Seirrah

I got this engine and Ive drilled the airbox. For some reason u can hardly hear the noise in the car but been told it sounds good outside. And when the engine is hot i.e. in traffic get a massive 'lag' in 1st, 2nd & 3rd! I havent drilled it on the engine side either. It does pull smoother at speed though but no gain in performance.
Im seriously thinking about buying something like a K&N and making a heatshield and running plenty of cold air feeds to it. Im after a good noise like that of an induction kit but I dont want my car running shit!
I know Im not going to gain massive performance on this engine wotever i do so not worth spending £250 on the Viper kit IMO!
MoNkEy MaGiC

5th May 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my 1.6 Gsi, ive had...

standard airbox
KnN induction kit
Viper induction kit

the viper i have to say is the best much better than "standard box" however!!! it sounds SHITE!!!

well untill i disconnect the air feed to the viper and position it bout 10cm away from it....and then it sounds absolutly mental!! and noticably performs better with a lovely induction roar especailly past 3000revs..but doing this does defeat the whole idea of the viper

i always hear on here "corsas are shite with induction kits"!!!! however i never found any problems with my KnN and with my Viper when its disconnected, the only time the engine really draws in hot air and makes it noticable to performace is when it is overheating and the fan is about to turn on...so really its not all the time your engine will overheat plus as soon as u go past 10-15mph their will be sufficeint fresh air going into engine anyway so a good air feed is essential
Seirrah

5th May 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info guys. Think I'll just buy a K&N induction filter and if i need a heatshield in the future I'll do that.
Cheers.
mav

6th May 04 at 03:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

induction kit, heatsheild and cold air feed , magnex full ss zorst with decat..on my 1.6 sport

slag anything u want just showing u my results...Car ran sweet as a nut too.........not mine no more...

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by mav]
Graham

6th May 04 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drilled my airbox yesterday, followed luca's guide on how to do it. The car now roars thru
1st: 3-6 rev
2nd:3-5
3rd: 4-5
4th: not much at all but u can still hear it

i love the sound it gives off, but as for the power output i found that i had many flatspots. so im undecided whever to try an induction kit with heatsheild and see the difference.
o and ive got a cold air feed pipe goin straight into the airbox via the inlet hole.
20valver
Banned

29th Sep 08 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with a cone filter you need to heat shield it all the way round and leave the front open for a cold air pressure feed also the resonator helps induct more air on induction cycle helps stop flat spots, resonator is a boost bottle like you use on 2 stroke

[Edited on 29-09-2008 by 20valver]
johnhara1

29th Sep 08 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a BMC CDA, K&N Cone, Then a PiperX Viper on my XE Corsa.

BMC had a strong sucking\hissing noise that i quite liked, no flat spots but it was too big for the bay to get a decent air feed too so too kit off.

Then put a K&N cone on, the noise was awesome. A propper roar!! but slow moving traffic meant severe heatsoak and the car became jerky at low rpm.

Then i put a viper on and i had a 3800rpm flatspot! I didnt like the viper at all and noise wasnt good either.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll