corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Any body got Astra GTE/GSi brakes, running standard 14" rims?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any body got Astra GTE/GSi brakes, running standard 14" rims?
MattyB

User status: Offline
   10th Jun 03 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently tried fitting a standard nova SR alloy wheel on the front of my corsa, which is fitted with Astra GTE ATE callipers. It didnt fit at all, and was wondering why?

Astra GTEs were fitted with 14"s as standard, so why doesnt a 14" rim fit my car??

Any help appreciated!

Matt

[Edited on 10-06-2003 by MattyB]

[Edited on 10-06-2003 by MattyB]
AdamF
Premium Member

10th Jun 03 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
I recently tried fitting a standard nova SR alloy wheel on the front of my corsa,

why??

dont no why it didnt fit seems strange though. i no it silly but you sure it was 14"
and-m

10th Jun 03 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably arent wide enough
MattyB

10th Jun 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdamF
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
I recently tried fitting a standard nova SR alloy wheel on the front of my corsa,

why??

dont no why it didnt fit seems strange though. i no it silly but you sure it was 14"

I use a 14" nova alloy as a spare wheel in my car. I do this because it had a larger total diameter than my 13" steelie, and so would be a better option to use if one of my 16"s get a puncture etc. (better balance durin use)

Yes, i am definately sure it is 14". Nova SR's, GTEs and GSi were fitted with 14" rims only, plus that is what is stated on the tyre. I believe the nova rim might be slightly narrower than corsa 14"s, but i am still unsure.

Matt
MattyB

10th Jun 03 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by and-m
Probably arent wide enough

this is what i am thinkin. a member of migweb told me that nova alloys were 5"-5.5", but corsa rims were 5.5"-6", and that they would fit. Can anyone back this up?

thanks in advance

Matt
Rob H

10th Jun 03 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah think i remember reading on one of the nova sites (Topbuzz, novaload, roybacer etc) that you cant fit astra GTE disks to a nova with the standard three spoke alloys on, as there not wide enough to clear the calipers. Might be worth trying a corsa three spoke on? Mine are 5.5" wide if thats any help
Rob H

10th Jun 03 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found it Here

quote:
Before you can start you must have large enough wheels for the calipers to fit under them. The smallest size wheel you can have is 14in x 5.5in, nothing less than this. So if you've got SR 3-spokes, then forget it. The 16v brake conversion was carried out on a Nova GTE.

MattyB

10th Jun 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that Rob!

So basically, in theory, Corsa sport 14" rims should fit perfectly over astra GTE ATE callipers without problems.

In fact, the brakes should fill the rim

cheers mate

Matt
Rob H

10th Jun 03 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U sent

New Poll