corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » standard cd player

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author standard cd player
DangerousDave16v

User status: Offline
9th Jun 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys.
was just wondering if there is any point getting an amp,because ive been told the standard cdr500 stereo has a poor output,i.e. less than 40 w.i already have speakers to fit but i think they mite be crap without more power.i know i need an amp with high level inputs but should i just splash out for an aftermarket headunit instead of keeping the standard unit.(im not looking for ear pearcing pitch ,tone and bass,just an improvement from original)
DIGGIDY

9th Jun 03 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget and amp, get yourself a decent headunit.

Your just wasting money trying to amp a crappy standard unit plus the standard speakers won't like it much...

get a decent Alpine unit spend as much as you can afford as this will pay off in future when you come to upgrade your speakers to component's and a sub with a 4 channel amp to run it all...
Cursa

9th Jun 03 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't agree more, the standard speakers sound shit because of the crappy signal from the standard HU, they can handle a little more.
digitalbanana

9th Jun 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i change my HU using standard speakers it made a hell of a difference....skip the amp and get a HU... the signal from the standard HU's is shite

New Poll