corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anti theft ideas

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anti theft ideas
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
   19th May 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently had the pleasure of having my 1.0 12v 3 door broken into and attempted to be driven away. Thank the lord for big blue chains. I am having the door replaced, as it was pulled back to get a hand into the door snib to open.
My First Question is this : Now that I am getting a new door and want to avoid any more belfast toerags gaining entry to my car, does anyone have any ideas for modifying the Snibs so when in the locked position they will be level with the top of the door... to put off any would be opportunist thieves?
It sounds silly, but in most circumstances the chain is enough to put them off, but they attempted to wedge the chain off using the Jack. So they caused me £200 of damage and all they got away with was some cds.

Question 2:
The new door has some chips, I have the option of having it sprayed over... is it worth it? I will be T-Cutting the rest of the car on completion of door replacing. So Will it be noticeable that the door is nice and shiney newly painted??
Also, How the hell do you get those crappy green circle stickers off... They look so much worse than my crappy silver LS badge

Question 3:
I am on a roll now! Body coloured Wing mirrors.... I am sure i can get some red ones from a scrappie. Are they hard to fit, for an idiot like me i mean!

Question 4:
Il leave it with this one... The Heat/Air control panel appears to either have no bulbs behind it, or they have blown before i bought the car. How do you get this section of the dash off? I see no screw holes, or anything, and I dont want to cut lumps out of it.

Thanks for any poor souls help in advance.
Great site this is (Just found it today!)
Kris TD

19th May 03 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i now only have 1 out of 4 door pins ( i have a 5 door btw). 3 of them i covered over when i retrimmed the doors, the other one i marked in the fully down position where it would be level, took it out, cut it on that mark, filled in the top with a little body filler, left to dry, brushed a bit of black paint over the filler then put it back, now sits flush when the doors are locked, but sits up enough so that you can actually see if you have left it unlocked
Kris TD

19th May 03 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are screws behind the air vents and the air circulation thingy. best off buying a haynes manual.

wing mirrors, piece of piss, only held on with 3 screws, take the triangle cover thing off the inside of the door and you will see the screws.
Bonzai

19th May 03 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, my door got fugged when some nobs broke into it. cost me £140 for the repairs when i flashed the cash, paper is better than plastic in garages!

i also have no lites behind my heater panel. If you look in FAQ you can find out how to make them light up all sorts of colours
Sam
Premium Member

19th May 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the car has deadlocking, they can't actually open any doors if it's set.

I'm assuming that your car has no central locking hence no deadlocking?
Kris TD

19th May 03 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car has central locking and no deadlocking.
barry_kellett99

19th May 03 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has plain basic bog standard locks. If anyone comes to Northern Ireland, stay away from Belfast, or leave your car at home. I had mine parked in a fcuking car park with a guard in a hut!!

I am all new to this, But ever since I got my new stereo in the car I want to change it all!

Thanks for all the replies
Drew
Banned

19th May 03 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barry_kellett99
Question 4:
Il leave it with this one... The Heat/Air control panel appears to either have no bulbs behind it, or they have blown before i bought the car. How do you get this section of the dash off? I see no screw holes, or anything, and I dont want to cut lumps out of it.

Thanks for any poor souls help in advance.
Great site this is (Just found it today!)

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=38827
barry_kellett99

19th May 03 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate, I have been browsing this site all evening and found some great tutorials, including that one. Il be hacking mine off very soon. Anyone know what bulbs I am looking for.... and were i can get em?

This site beats working so much

New Poll